Anyone else called to find out your November Physics GRE score?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the November Physics GRE score and the option to call and pay for the results before they were available online. One person had a lower score than expected and another had a higher score than expected. The discussion also touched on the importance of knowing the score before Christmas.
theDRG5
Anyone else called to find out your November Physics GRE score?

So in case you didn't know, today is the day you can start calling and give 12 dollars to ETS(...) to find out your GRE score before the 23rd when you can see it online.

I still haven't finalized my list of schools so I called to find out my score, since it would help me decide on a range of schools.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I'm just crying over my score now lol. Apparently 760 is the 66th percentile for the November test. I did much worse than I expected, and I guess there is a lesson to be learned here. I'm sure glad I didn't wait till 23rd, because then, I would've sulked throughout christmas ;)

Anyone else find out their score? How did you feel when you found out?

Physics news on Phys.org

I got a 950, which was a little higher than I had expected.

Related to Anyone else called to find out your November Physics GRE score?

1. Why is the November Physics GRE score important for scientists?

The November Physics GRE score is important for scientists because it is often used as a measurement of a student's aptitude and knowledge in physics. It is also commonly required for admission into graduate programs in physics and related fields.

2. When can I expect to receive my November Physics GRE score?

The official scores for the November Physics GRE are typically released about 6 weeks after the test date. You will receive an email notification when your scores are available to view online.

3. How is the November Physics GRE scored?

The November Physics GRE is scored on a scale of 200-990 with increments of 10. The average score is around 700. Your score is determined by the number of questions you answer correctly, with no penalty for incorrect answers.

4. Can I retake the November Physics GRE if I am not satisfied with my score?

Yes, you can retake the November Physics GRE. However, you can only take the test once per testing cycle, which is typically from September to April. You will have to wait until the next testing cycle if you want to retake the exam.

5. How can I prepare for the November Physics GRE?

To prepare for the November Physics GRE, you can use study materials such as practice tests, review books, and online resources. It is also beneficial to review your undergraduate physics coursework and practice solving problems. Additionally, familiarizing yourself with the test format and timing can help improve your score.