Any ME out there willing to do a quick interview?

• Job Skills
  • Thread starter scsig805
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Interview
In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for an engineer to interview, specifically a mechanical engineer but it is not necessary. The interviewer mentions it will be a quick interview and another person jokingly says they will need a couple of years to get back to them. The interviewer then states that they have already interviewed someone and the thread is locked due to lack of discussion.
scsig805
Im doing a interview of an engineer and was wondering if anybody would be willing to help me out. It would just be a few questions probably over email or whatever way you prefer. I would like to interview a mechanical engineer as that is my intended major however Its not neccesary. Thanks in advance Sean

Physics news on Phys.org
Anyone? Once again doesn't have to be a mechanical engineer and it will be quick.

Give me a couple of years, and I'll get back to you :)

haha a couple years and il get back to myself but its cool I already interviewed someone

Since you're not discussing anything here and don't seem interested in sharing your interview questions, I'm locking this thread.

Related to Any ME out there willing to do a quick interview?

1. What is your field of expertise as an ME?

As an ME, I specialize in mechanical engineering, specifically in the design and analysis of mechanical systems. I also have experience in fluid mechanics and thermodynamics.

2. How did you become interested in mechanical engineering?

I have always been fascinated by how things work and enjoyed taking things apart and putting them back together as a child. As I grew older, I realized that mechanical engineering was the perfect field for me to combine my love for problem-solving and creativity.

3. Can you share a project or research that you have worked on as an ME?

One project that I am particularly proud of is designing a more efficient and environmentally friendly engine for a small aircraft. This involved extensive research, design iterations, and testing to ensure that the engine met all safety and performance standards.

4. What skills do you think are important for a successful career in mechanical engineering?

Some important skills for an ME include strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, creativity, and the ability to work well in a team. Effective communication skills are also crucial for presenting ideas and collaborating with others.

5. What advice do you have for someone interested in pursuing a career in mechanical engineering?

I would advise them to get involved in hands-on projects and internships to gain practical experience. It's also important to continuously learn and stay updated on new technologies and advancements in the field. Networking and building relationships with other professionals in the industry can also be beneficial for career growth.