Any help about ORC (organic Rankine cycle)

In summary, the compressor is not rotating because the vanes are seized. The rotary vane pump that can be used to pump the working fluid with high pressure and responsible flow rate is not compatible with this type of compressor.
y2j
Hi
anyone can help me about the converting the rotary vane compressor into an expander to use in small scale organic Rankine cycle (micro combined heat and power)

Engineering news on Phys.org
There isn't much you need to do. Just keep it within design rpm and check seal compatibility with your fluid at your working temp.

I am doing that , but it is not rotating , any modification?

Give us the full picture and we may be able to help. Working fluid, high and low side pressures and temps, pump type and power, lube system etc etc. Assuming the expander is functional the pressure difference across it is not great enough to induce rotation, there are many possible causes..

Thank you for attention
at the first time I examine the rotary vane compressor type with compressed air at approximately (5 - 7)bar
but the problem was that vanes don't attached the inside surface of the case ,and therefore the air inlet and outlet easily without any rotating and the shaft don't rotating.
I'm also removed the chic valve

Attachments

• ddddddddddddddddddddd.jpg
    ddddddddddddddddddddd.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 663
Yes, As you noticed, the vanes are seized.

Frankly, after that I do not know what to do to operate this type of compressor as an expander

Well, it needs to be fixed. You could try do it yourself or get on the phone and find some one who can do it for you ie a pump & compressor repair shop

I now trying to use an air motor is also rotary vane spring loaded
in this cycle I would like to use R11 as working fluid and if anyone has an information about the type of pump that can be applied to pumped this liquid with high pressure and responsible flow rate

Many pumps will do the job. I've read papers that use piston, rotary vane, diaphragm and multi-stage centrifugal types with varying levels of success.
You need to pin down your pump specs (flow rate & pressure differential, materials compatibility etc) before you can select an appropriate unit.

thanks

Related to Any help about ORC (organic Rankine cycle)

1. What is an organic Rankine cycle?

The organic Rankine cycle (ORC) is a thermodynamic cycle used to convert heat into mechanical work. It is similar to the traditional Rankine cycle, but uses organic fluids instead of water as the working fluid.

2. How does an ORC work?

In an ORC, the working fluid is heated by a heat source such as geothermal energy or waste heat from industrial processes. The heated fluid then expands through a turbine, producing mechanical work. The fluid is then condensed and recycled back to the heat source to repeat the cycle.

3. What are the advantages of using an ORC?

ORC systems have several advantages, including their ability to utilize low-grade heat sources, their flexibility in using a variety of organic fluids, and their low environmental impact compared to traditional power generation methods.

4. What are some common applications of ORC?

ORC systems are commonly used in waste heat recovery, geothermal power generation, and biomass power generation. They can also be used in combined heat and power (CHP) systems to increase overall efficiency.

5. What are the challenges of implementing an ORC system?

Some challenges of implementing an ORC system include the selection of a suitable working fluid, optimizing the system design for maximum efficiency, and managing the potential for fluid leakage. Additionally, the initial cost of installation may be higher compared to traditional power generation methods.