[ansys] simulation of permanent magnet in 3D

In summary, the conversation is about a user, S K Gupta, who is requesting help with modeling and analyzing a permanent magnet in 3D. They are having trouble with the results and are seeking assistance in attaching the magnet's attributes to a volume in Ansys 15.0. They mention that they were able to solve the problem in 2D, but not 3D, and provide some details about the construction and desired analysis. Stevie suggests posting the question in a technical forum and provides links to the appropriate areas.
s k gupta
I''m facing problem in modelling and analyzing a permanent magnet in 3D. kindly help me out.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Sure, S K!

Post your query in one of the technical forums here at PF. There are several mathematics and physics forums which can host your thread, but please choose only one.

Try to include as much information about your problem as you can; certainly much more info than you have provided in the previous post will be needed.

The problem is to model a permanent magnet with a torus core .I just wanted to know how to attach attribute of magnet to a volume in ansys 15.0. I solved the problem in 2D but in 3D the results are not satisfactory and I'm not able to point out the mistake by me. the construction could be assumed to be a regular torus core with a section of permanent magnet with Hc 100000 A/m. Just a basic BSUM static analysis would be fine. I think this would be sufficient if not kindly reply .

Related to [ansys] simulation of permanent magnet in 3D

1. What is ANSYS simulation and how does it work?

ANSYS simulation is a computer-aided engineering tool that allows scientists and engineers to simulate and analyze real-world scenarios in a virtual environment. It works by using mathematical models and algorithms to solve complex physical problems and provide insights into the behavior of a system.

2. What is the importance of simulating permanent magnets in 3D using ANSYS?

Simulating permanent magnets in 3D using ANSYS allows for a thorough analysis of their behavior and performance in different scenarios. This is crucial in the design and optimization of magnet-based systems, such as motors and generators, as it can provide valuable insights into their efficiency, magnetic field distribution, and other important parameters.

3. What are the key features of ANSYS simulation for permanent magnets in 3D?

Some of the key features of ANSYS simulation for permanent magnets in 3D include the ability to model non-linear and anisotropic materials, accurately calculate magnetic flux and force, and perform thermal and structural analyses in conjunction with magnetic simulations.

4. How accurate are the results obtained from ANSYS simulation of permanent magnets in 3D?

The accuracy of results obtained from ANSYS simulation of permanent magnets in 3D depends on the quality of the input data, the complexity of the model, and the validity of the assumptions made. However, ANSYS is known for its high-fidelity simulations and is widely used in industry and research for its reliable results.

5. Can ANSYS simulation of permanent magnets in 3D be used for real-world applications?

Yes, ANSYS simulation of permanent magnets in 3D can be used for real-world applications. The insights and data obtained from simulations can be used to improve the design and performance of magnet-based systems, leading to more efficient and reliable products in various industries such as automotive, aerospace, and electronics.