Ansys Maxwell - Coordinate System Limitations

In summary, the person encountered a problem with simulating permanent magnets in Ansys Maxwell. They needed to define a proper coordinate system for each magnet, but could only define 255 of them. They were unable to assign new coordinate systems to the magnets due to a limitation. However, they were able to solve the problem by using a newer version of the software, ANSYS Electronics Suite, instead of Ansoft Maxwell.
Y_G
Hi everybody, I encountered a problem simulation of permanent magnets (PM) in Ansys Maxwell. There are many PM in my simulation and I need to define for each of them a proper coordinate system (CS). But I could only defined 255 CS. After that I can create new CS but It won't be possible to assign it to the PM. Is there any limitation on defining more than 255 CS?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Y_G said:
Hi everybody, I encountered a problem simulation of permanent magnets (PM) in Ansys Maxwell. There are many PM in my simulation and I need to define for each of them a proper coordinate system (CS). But I could only defined 255 CS. After that I can create new CS but It won't be possible to assign it to the PM. Is there any limitation on defining more than 255 CS?
Actually I was able to solve the problem. Older versions have limitations. The problem will be solved by modeling in new versions.
ANSYS Electronics Suite instead of Ansoft Maxwell!

• Informative
Likes Tom.G and berkeman