Angle of rotation of a bead embedded in a support

In summary, the individual is facing difficulties in calculating the angle of rotation for a bead model in Ansys. They have tried defining a directional displacement in a cylindrical coordinate system, but the results always show 0. Suggested steps to address the issue include checking model setup, using a more accurate element type, considering a different coordinate system, and verifying results.
cel_male
Hello Everyone,

I want to explain my problem. I am quite starter in Ansys... I have modeled a simple bead embedded in a support as you will see in the screenshot. Then I apply a torque onto the bead to make it rotate a bit. I want then to calculate the angle of rotation the bead I have made.
I have tried to define a directional displacement in a cylindrical coordinate system. Then I define a trajectory and follow the motion of this trajectory (which is actually a radius) in this new coordinate system.
The main issue is that I always get 0 in the value of the angle.

Thank you very much if you could help to address that issue...

Attachments

• Rotation.png
    Rotation.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 434
Engineering news on Phys.org
Hello there,

Thank you for sharing your problem with us. It sounds like you are facing some challenges with calculating the angle of rotation for your bead model in Ansys. I would suggest the following steps to help address your issue:

1. Check your model setup: Make sure that all the necessary boundary conditions and loads are properly defined in your model. Any missing or incorrect inputs can affect the accuracy of your results.

2. Use a more accurate element type: If you are using a simple element type, such as a beam or shell, try using a more accurate element type, such as a solid element. This can help improve the accuracy of your results.

3. Consider using a different coordinate system: Instead of using a cylindrical coordinate system, try using a Cartesian or polar coordinate system. This might provide a better understanding of the motion of your bead and help you calculate the angle of rotation more accurately.

4. Check your output settings: Make sure that you are specifying the correct output parameters in your analysis. For example, if you are interested in the angle of rotation, make sure that you are requesting that output in your analysis settings.

5. Verify your results: It is always a good practice to verify your results by comparing them with analytical or experimental data. This can help identify any potential errors in your model setup or analysis settings.

I hope these suggestions will help you address your issue. Good luck with your analysis!

Related to Angle of rotation of a bead embedded in a support

What is the angle of rotation of a bead embedded in a support?

The angle of rotation of a bead embedded in a support refers to the degree of rotation or twist that occurs in a bead that is fixed or attached to a support structure. This angle is measured in degrees and can be used to determine the position of the bead in relation to the support.

How is the angle of rotation of a bead embedded in a support measured?

The angle of rotation of a bead embedded in a support is typically measured using a protractor or other measuring device. The bead is rotated until it reaches its maximum angle, and the protractor is then used to measure the angle.

What factors can affect the angle of rotation of a bead embedded in a support?

The angle of rotation of a bead embedded in a support can be affected by various factors such as the material and size of the bead, the type and strength of the support, and any external forces or stresses applied to the bead or support.

Why is the angle of rotation of a bead embedded in a support important in scientific research?

The angle of rotation of a bead embedded in a support can provide valuable information for researchers studying the mechanics and behavior of materials. It can also be used to analyze the effects of different forces and conditions on the bead and support system.

Can the angle of rotation of a bead embedded in a support be changed or controlled?

In some cases, the angle of rotation of a bead embedded in a support can be altered or controlled by adjusting the support structure or applying external forces. However, this may also depend on the properties and limitations of the materials and system being studied.