Analysis with Opamps: Find Gain & Solve for Unknowns

In summary, the individual is trying to find the gain by using the equation Vo/Vs. They attempted to write equations for each node but ended up with 5 equations and 5 unknowns, ultimately resulting in Vs=0V. They are seeking assistance and have been told that their post will be deleted due to lack of effort. However, it has been suggested that there may be an error in the circuit or connections.
Cocoleia

Homework Statement

upload_2017-1-23_19-21-4.png

I need to find the gain.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I know gain will be Vo/Vs. I originally tried to write different equations for each node, but I ended up with 5 eqns and 5 unknowns, and in the end it gave that vs=0V. Can someone give me an idea of what the first step(s) would be? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
This thread will be deleted shortly, because you have shown insufficient working to demonstrate your reasonable attempt.

However, I'll make the observation that something is amiss. If we assume the OP-AMP to be ideal, with gain approaching infinity, then with its input connected to an ideal voltage source as shown here, we have Vout = ∞.

You need to check that you have correctly copied the circuit and connections at each of the OP-AMP's inputs.

Related to Analysis with Opamps: Find Gain & Solve for Unknowns

1. What is an op-amp?

An operational amplifier, or op-amp, is an electronic device that amplifies the difference between two input voltages to produce an output voltage. It is commonly used in electronic circuits for signal amplification, filtering, and mathematical operations.

2. How do I calculate the gain of an op-amp circuit?

The gain of an op-amp circuit can be calculated by dividing the output voltage by the input voltage. It is typically expressed as a ratio or in decibels (dB). The gain can also be adjusted by varying the resistors in the circuit.

3. How can I find unknown values in an op-amp circuit?

To find unknown values in an op-amp circuit, you can use Kirchhoff's laws and Ohm's law to set up and solve a system of equations. You can also use simulation software or a breadboard to test different values and observe the output voltage.

4. What is the difference between inverting and non-inverting op-amp circuits?

In an inverting op-amp circuit, the output voltage is the opposite polarity of the input voltage. In a non-inverting op-amp circuit, the output voltage is the same polarity as the input voltage. The gain and input impedance also differ between the two types of circuits.

5. How do I analyze an op-amp circuit with multiple stages?

To analyze an op-amp circuit with multiple stages, you can use the principles of superposition and treat each stage as a separate circuit. You can also cascade the gains of each stage to determine the overall gain of the circuit. Additionally, you can use feedback analysis to calculate the stability and frequency response of the circuit.