Solving for Vo: Graph Analysis of Vs vs t

In summary, the conversation is discussing how to graph the output voltage (Vo) using the equation Vs=Vi(1-e^-t/T). The individual is unsure of how to proceed and suggests using small time intervals to plot the voltage output. It is also mentioned that the tick-marks on the graph should match the picture.
Marcin H

Homework Statement

Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 8.02.45 PM.png

Homework Equations

Vs=Vi(1-e^-t/T)

The Attempt at a Solution

I am stuck on B. I am not sure how I am supposed to graph Vo with so little information. Do i just use V=Vo(1-e^-t/T) and find the output voltage for each time increment that is on the original graph. So Vo=1Volt and we have T and we just find voltages from t=-.1s to t=.5s? And then we graph voltage out vs time?

Physics news on Phys.org
That's right - but why stick to the time intervals shown on the graph, why not choose much smaller intervals?
You may be expected to make sure the tick-marks on the graph match the picture.

Related to Solving for Vo: Graph Analysis of Vs vs t

1. What is "Solving for Vo: Graph Analysis of Vs vs t"?

"Solving for Vo: Graph Analysis of Vs vs t" is a scientific method used to determine the initial velocity (Vo) of an object by analyzing the graph of velocity (Vs) versus time (t).

2. How does "Solving for Vo: Graph Analysis of Vs vs t" work?

This method involves plotting the velocity of an object over time on a graph and finding the slope of the line. The slope of the line represents the acceleration of the object, and the initial velocity can be calculated using the equation Vo = slope * time.

3. What information is needed to use "Solving for Vo: Graph Analysis of Vs vs t"?

To use this method, you will need a graph of velocity versus time for the object in question and the time interval over which the data was collected.

4. What are the limitations of "Solving for Vo: Graph Analysis of Vs vs t"?

This method assumes that the acceleration of the object is constant over the given time interval. It also may not be accurate for objects with non-linear velocity-time graphs.

5. How is "Solving for Vo: Graph Analysis of Vs vs t" used in real-world applications?

This method is commonly used in physics and engineering to determine the initial velocity of moving objects, such as projectiles or vehicles. It is also used in sports science to analyze the performance of athletes.