Amount of water flowing out of a small opening

• Thread starter Yuvanitin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Water
In summary, the problem involves calculating the amount of water that has flowed out of a nozzle with a given velocity and cross-section area. The equation to use is V = Svt, where V is the volume of water, S is the cross section area of the opening, v is the velocity of the water, and t is the time. However, it is difficult to provide further assistance without seeing the steps you have taken to solve the problem yourself.
Yuvanitin
New poster has been reminded to show their work on schoolwork problems.
Homework Statement
Water is flowing out through a small opening. How to calculate the amount of water that has flown out of the nozzle ?
Relevant Equations
I have tried solving this problem, but I am not able to.
Homework Statement: Water is flowing out through a small opening. How to calculate the amount of water that has flown out of the nozzle ?
Homework Equations: I have tried solving this problem, but I am not able to.

none

Physics news on Phys.org
You are not telling us much about the problem...

Anyway if ##v## is the velocity of the water in the opening and ##S## is the cross section area of the opening then the amount of water that flows out in time ##t## is ##V=Svt##.

Yuvanitin said:
Homework Equations: I have tried solving this problem, but I am not able to.

none
Welcome to the PF. Please show us what you have tried so far. We cannot offer much tutorial help until we see your work. Thank you.

Related to Amount of water flowing out of a small opening

1. How does the size of the opening impact the amount of water flowing out?

The size of the opening directly affects the amount of water flowing out. A larger opening will allow more water to flow through compared to a smaller opening.

2. What other factors besides the opening size can affect the amount of water flowing out?

The amount of water flowing out can also be affected by the pressure of the water, the height of the water source, and any obstructions or blockages in the opening.

3. What is the relationship between the height of the water source and the amount of water flowing out?

The height of the water source above the opening can impact the amount of water flowing out. This is because the higher the water source, the greater the potential energy, which can increase the pressure and flow rate of the water.

4. How does the viscosity of the water affect the amount of water flowing out?

The viscosity, or thickness, of the water can impact the amount of water flowing out. Thicker or more viscous water will flow slower compared to thinner or less viscous water.

5. Can the temperature of the water impact the amount of water flowing out?

Yes, the temperature of the water can affect the amount of water flowing out. Cold water has a higher density, which can lead to a slower flow rate compared to warmer water with a lower density.