American Health Care: People are acting like 12-year-olds.

• News
  • Thread starter kldickson
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Health
In summary: Healthcare should be a bipartisan issue but politicians exploit the fear and anger to push their own agenda instead of coming to the table and working together.There is absolutely ZERO evidence to support the fact that they are acting like gorillas on speed.In summary, most people are acting like gorillas on speed when talking about healthcare because they are afraid of the subject and politicians are exploiting that fear.
kldickson
If someone would disseminate this image around the internets in places I haven't already disseminated it, I would much appreciate it.

Which brings me to the subject of this post: why, instead of having a reasoned discussion, are people acting like gorillas on speed when talking about healthcare?

Attachments

• americansforcivilizeddiscourse.png
    americansforcivilizeddiscourse.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 771
Physics news on Phys.org
I didn't know politics lent itself to reasonable discussions on any subjects.

Really. I was just at a boro council meeting where members of my homeowners' association acted like little children in fighting against a walking path being connected to our community. In their defense, though, they followed the lead of the boro council who bickered and insulted each other.

russ_watters said:
Really. I was just at a boro council meeting where members of my homeowners' association acted like little children in fighting against a walking path being connected to our community. In their defense, though, they followed the lead of the boro council who bickered and insulted each other.

On the plus side, they weren't hacking each other's limbs off, I hope.

There is absolutely ZERO evidence to support the fact that they are acting like gorillas on speed

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gorillas+on+speed&search_type=&aq=f

I can't find a single youtube video that would allow me to corroborate this! Until further documentation of gorillas on speed is presented, I have to consider your case null and void.

It should be noted that
1) Most people don't know the facts that support their side
2) Most people don't know the arguments that support other side
3) Most people thusly can't make rational arguments for their side or to counter the other side

With no elements of debate left, there's nothing left to do but yell and throw poop at each other

Office_Shredder said:
With no elements of debate left, there's nothing left to do but yell and throw poop at each other
Good analysis! Not gorillas on speed - just common monkeys who are confined and have nothing productive to do and who resort to being rude because it is fun.

Galteeth said:
On the plus side, they weren't hacking each other's limbs off, I hope.
Yes, and if you are implying that that is progress, I wholeheartedly agree.

kldickson said:
If someone would disseminate this image around the internets in places I haven't already disseminated it, I would much appreciate it.

Which brings me to the subject of this post: why, instead of having a reasoned discussion, are people acting like gorillas on speed when talking about healthcare?

It's a the four letter "F" word - FEAR.

Health care is life and death, plus financial uncertainty, most people don't trust politicians who don't think they need to even read the Bills anymore.

Related to American Health Care: People are acting like 12-year-olds.

What is "American Health Care"?

"American Health Care" refers to the healthcare system in the United States, which includes the organizations, institutions, and individuals involved in providing medical care and services to the American population.

Why are people acting like 12-year-olds when it comes to American Health Care?

This phrase is likely meant to describe the immature and irrational behavior of individuals when discussing the highly complex and polarizing topic of American Health Care. People often resort to name-calling, finger-pointing, and oversimplifying the issue instead of engaging in productive and respectful dialogue.

What are the main challenges facing the American Health Care system?

Some of the main challenges facing American Health Care include rising healthcare costs, unequal access to care, and the aging population. There are also ongoing debates about the role of government in providing and regulating healthcare, as well as the effectiveness of the current system in meeting the needs of all Americans.

What are some potential solutions to improve American Health Care?

There is no one-size-fits-all solution to improving American Health Care, as it is a complex and multifaceted issue. Some proposed solutions include implementing universal healthcare, promoting preventative care, addressing social determinants of health, and increasing transparency and competition in the healthcare market.

How does the American Health Care system compare to other countries?

The American Health Care system is often criticized for its high costs and unequal access to care compared to other developed countries. However, it also has some strengths, such as advanced medical technology and innovation. The effectiveness of different healthcare systems is a highly debated topic, and it is important to consider the unique cultural, social, and political factors that contribute to each country's approach to healthcare.