Am struggling with these couple of questions

• Thread starter Brock Skywalk
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Couple
In summary, a new forum member is struggling with a problem involving an object thrown upwards with a speed of 50m/s and a gravitational acceleration of 10m/s^2. They are looking for help with determining the object's distance from the ground after 1.0 second. The correct answer is 45m.
Brock Skywalk
Hello everyone,
i am new to this forum so please excuse me if i haven't found the search function. o.k., i am struggling with the following problems. i really don't have cash to get a tutor so i am hoping some of y'all can help a brother out. i am not sure what formulas to use and why. They are pretty similar & are as follows:

1.AN OBJECT IS THROWN STRAIGHT UP FROM THE GROUND LEVEL WITH A SPEED OF 50M/S. IF g = 10M/S^2 ITS DISTANCE ABOVE GROUND LEVEL 1.0 SECOND LATER IS?

2. y = 1/2(-10)*1^2 + 50*1

3. i got 45m

Physics news on Phys.org
Looks right!

You got the right answer.

Related to Am struggling with these couple of questions

1. What is the best approach to take when struggling with difficult questions?

The best approach is to break down the question into smaller, more manageable parts. This will help you better understand the question and identify any areas that you may need to research or review. It can also be helpful to discuss the question with peers or a mentor for different perspectives and insights.

2. How do I know if I am overthinking a question?

If you find yourself getting stuck and spending a lot of time on one question, it is possible that you are overthinking it. Take a step back and try to approach the question from a different angle. Also, make sure you are not overanalyzing the question and simply answer it to the best of your ability.

3. How can I improve my critical thinking skills to better answer challenging questions?

To improve your critical thinking skills, it is important to practice regularly. This can include reading and analyzing different sources, engaging in debates or discussions, and actively seeking out new information and perspectives. It is also helpful to ask yourself questions and challenge your own assumptions and biases.

4. Are there any specific strategies for tackling complex questions?

Yes, there are several strategies that can help you tackle complex questions. These include breaking down the question into smaller parts, creating a mind map or visual representation, using examples or analogies to better understand the question, and consulting with others for different perspectives.

5. How do I avoid getting overwhelmed when facing multiple difficult questions?

To avoid getting overwhelmed, it is important to prioritize and manage your time effectively. Start by identifying the most important or challenging questions and focus on those first. Take breaks when needed and try not to spend too much time on one question. Remember to also reach out for help or clarification if needed.