Am I on the right track at least?

• Thread starter LUmath09
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Track
In summary, being "on the right track" as a scientist means making progress towards research objectives while following scientific principles and methods. Signs of being on the right track include consistent and reproducible results, positive feedback, and effective communication. To ensure being on the right track, it is important to plan and design experiments carefully, follow proper protocols, and keep accurate records. If feeling off-track, seek feedback, reassess methods, or seek support. It is possible to encounter obstacles while on the right track in research, so remaining open-minded, adaptable, and persistent is key.
LUmath09

Homework Statement

Integrate g(x,y,z) = y + Z over the surface area of the wedge in the first octant bounded by the coordinate planes and the planes x = 2 and y + z = 1.

Homework Equations

see below

The Attempt at a Solution

see below

Attachments

• scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 529
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 529
  • scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 520
Physics news on Phys.org
By the "surface of the wedge", do you mean the entire surface? I think that would involve 5 planes. I haven't gone through all the details but I notice you have sides labled A, B, C, D, E so, yes, it looks like you are going about this the right way.

Related to Am I on the right track at least?

1. What is the definition of being "on the right track" as a scientist?

The definition of being "on the right track" as a scientist can vary depending on your specific field of study and goals. Generally, it means that you are making progress towards achieving your research objectives and are following scientific principles and methods.

2. What are some signs that I am on the right track in my research?

Some signs that you are on the right track in your research include obtaining consistent and reproducible results, receiving positive feedback from colleagues or mentors, and being able to effectively communicate your findings to others in the scientific community.

3. How can I ensure that I am on the right track in my experiments?

To ensure that you are on the right track in your experiments, it is important to carefully plan and design your experiments, follow proper protocols and controls, and keep thorough and accurate records of your data. It can also be helpful to regularly discuss your progress with colleagues or advisors.

4. What should I do if I feel like I am not on the right track in my research?

If you feel like you are not on the right track in your research, it is important to first identify the root cause of your concerns. This could involve seeking feedback from others, reassessing your experimental design or methods, or seeking additional resources or support. It is also important to remember that setbacks and challenges are a normal part of the scientific process and can often lead to new insights and discoveries.

5. Is it possible to be on the right track in my research but still encounter obstacles?

Yes, it is possible to be on the right track in your research and still encounter obstacles. Scientific research is a complex and constantly evolving process, and obstacles are a common occurrence. It is important to remain open-minded, adaptable, and persistent in the face of challenges, and to seek out support and guidance when needed.