Alternative Energy Masters Help

In summary, the conversation discusses the individual's interest in pursuing a masters degree in alternative energy engineering, but their difficulty in finding colleges that offer this degree. They mention two colleges, but express a preference for staying closer to the east coast. Another person suggests designing their own degree or pursuing an interdisciplinary degree focused on alternative energies. They also recommend considering other engineering or business degrees and targeting companies in the alternative energy industry. The conversation concludes by mentioning the current state of alternative energy development.
bpratt18
Hi,
I am thinking about pursuing a masters degree in alternative energy engineering in the winter but have been running into some trouble. I can only find two colleges who offers such a degree, the first is Wright Stat U (ohio) and the second is Wayne State (michigan) I would like to stay a little closer to the east coast but I haven't found anything yet. Does anyone know of any other colleges offering a m.s. in alt energy?

Physics news on Phys.org
You can design your own degree at most universities, or you can do an interdisciplinary degree that focuses on alternative energies. I'm sure most engineering departments would be happy to help you figure out a good mix of EE and ME programs for alternative energies. Our campus has recently been picking up sustainable energy type courses.

I highly recommend going for any other Engineering Masters, or even an MBA, and then targeting companies that are working in alternative energy.

Right now, Alternative Energy is great, but all the development is a sign of the times.

Having a Masters degree in any other formal engineering or formal curriculum will prove much more useful.

Related to Alternative Energy Masters Help

1. What is "Alternative Energy Masters Help"?

"Alternative Energy Masters Help" is a program designed to assist individuals and organizations in implementing alternative energy solutions. This can include providing resources, guidance, and support for renewable energy projects.

2. Who can benefit from "Alternative Energy Masters Help"?

Anyone interested in adopting alternative energy solutions can benefit from "Alternative Energy Masters Help". This may include homeowners, businesses, schools, and government agencies.

3. What types of alternative energy are covered by "Alternative Energy Masters Help"?

"Alternative Energy Masters Help" covers a wide range of alternative energy sources, including solar, wind, hydro, geothermal, and biomass. The program can provide guidance on which energy source is most suitable for a specific project.

4. How does "Alternative Energy Masters Help" differ from other alternative energy programs?

"Alternative Energy Masters Help" is unique in that it offers personalized assistance and guidance tailored to the specific needs of each individual or organization. This can help ensure that alternative energy projects are successful and sustainable in the long term.

5. How can I get involved with "Alternative Energy Masters Help"?

If you are interested in learning more about "Alternative Energy Masters Help" or enrolling in the program, you can contact the organization directly or visit their website for more information. They may also have volunteer or internship opportunities available for those looking to get involved in the alternative energy field.