Algebra 2 Trigonometry textbook recommendation

In summary, there are several good resources for beginners to learn algebra and trigonometry, including well-written books like the ones by Cohen and the free online resource purplemath.com. These books can be found at affordable prices, especially if you purchase used copies. They are also recommended by experienced tutors for their clear explanations and helpful visuals.
science~life
Are there any well-written algebra 2 trig book that gives understandable contents for beginners?

Physics news on Phys.org
When tutoring I found many students like this website,

http://www.mathsisfun.com/

It is an excellent resource for anyone looking to learn those topics and it is similar to Student100's suggestion of 'purplemath' (also a great website) but with more visuals.

Purchase the Cohen Pre Cal book which can be found for under 10 dollars. I believe Barnes and Noble has it still for 5.00 shipped. Problems can be a bit challenging. Although it lacks some applications. I thought the book was easy to understand.

Related to Algebra 2 Trigonometry textbook recommendation

1. What is the best Algebra 2 Trigonometry textbook?

There is no one "best" textbook for Algebra 2 Trigonometry as it ultimately depends on the individual's learning style and preferences. However, some popular options include "Algebra and Trigonometry" by Ron Larson and "Algebra 2 and Trigonometry" by John A. Carter.

2. What should I look for in an Algebra 2 Trigonometry textbook?

When choosing a textbook, it is important to consider the clarity of explanations, variety and relevance of examples, availability of practice problems, and overall organization and structure of the material.

3. Are there any online resources that can supplement a textbook?

Yes, there are many online resources such as Khan Academy, YouTube channels, and online practice websites that can provide additional explanations and practice problems to supplement a textbook.

4. Is it necessary to purchase the latest edition of a textbook?

While having the most recent edition of a textbook can be beneficial, it is not always necessary. If cost is a concern, older editions may still cover the same core concepts and can be a more affordable option.

5. Can I use a different textbook than the one recommended by my teacher?

It is best to consult with your teacher before using a different textbook, as they may have specific assignments or materials aligned with the recommended textbook. However, if you find a different textbook that better suits your learning style, you can discuss it with your teacher and potentially use it as a supplement to the recommended textbook.