After BA in math, then engineer degree? HELP

In summary, the speaker is currently finishing their BA in math and is considering getting an engineer degree after realizing their enjoyment for physics. They are unsure of which specific engineer degree to pursue and are wondering about the time it would take to get their second degree. They also inquire about which engineering field involves more math. They express a desire for assistance in making this decision.
yan0821
Hello,
I'll finish my BA in math very soon. At the time, I majored mathematics due to my English skills. Also I always good at math. I didn't want to read application questions and never thought about engineer. However, while majoring mathematics, I took one elective course, Physics, and I absolutely enjoyed it. Moreover, my English improved a lot compared to four yeas ago.

After getting BA in math, I'm thinking to get an engineer degree (I'm not sure which specific engineer yet). I had done all the math courses and got all As. So I know I have a strong background with math. I got an B in Physic course. I struggled with the timed test and with my reading speed. If I have B in Physics I, am I be able to try become an engineer?

Is there anyone has same experience as me? How long will it take for me to get my second degree in engineer since I already have bachelor in math?

Also which engineer filed deal with more mathematics?

I hope someone will help me here.

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
A half hour ago you were planning on getting a MS in math and teaching community college. I think you need to settle on what you want to do before figuring out how to do it.

Related to After BA in math, then engineer degree? HELP

1. What is the difference between a BA in math and an engineering degree?

A BA in math typically focuses on theoretical and abstract concepts in mathematics, while an engineering degree involves applying mathematical principles to design and develop practical solutions to real-world problems. Engineering degrees also typically require more coursework in science, technology, and practical skills.

2. Can I pursue an engineering career with a BA in math?

Yes, it is possible to pursue an engineering career with a BA in math. However, you may need to complete additional coursework or obtain a graduate degree in engineering to gain the necessary skills and knowledge for an engineering career.

3. How long does it take to complete a BA in math and an engineering degree?

The length of time to complete a BA in math and an engineering degree can vary depending on the specific program and course load. Generally, a BA in math takes around four years to complete, while an engineering degree can take an additional two to four years.

4. What types of engineering can I pursue with a BA in math?

A BA in math can provide a foundation for various fields of engineering, such as civil, mechanical, electrical, and computer engineering. It can also be beneficial for interdisciplinary fields like environmental or biomedical engineering.

5. How can I use my BA in math to enhance my engineering career?

A BA in math can provide a strong foundation in critical thinking, problem-solving, and mathematical principles, which are essential skills in engineering. You can use this knowledge to excel in your engineering courses and apply mathematical concepts to design and develop innovative solutions in your career.