[aero/astrodynamics] Looking for a book recommendation

In summary, the conversation was about a senior electronics engineering student looking for a book recommendation on space flight. A recommendation was given for "Fundamentals of Astrodynamics" by Bate, Mueller, and White, along with other options such as "Space Dynamics" by William Teyrrell Thomson and a lengthy book by Vallado. These books are not just for beginners and are highly recommended for learning about space engineering.
Jyan
I apologize is this isn't the best place to put this question.

I'm just looking for a book recommendation. I am a senior electronics engineering student and I would like to learn about space flight. A recommendation for a technical book on aero/astrodynamics, rocket fundamentals, satellites, etc.. Pretty much anything geared toward space from an engineering standpoint would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Fundamentals of Astrodynamics by Bate, Mueller and White
Probably the best beginner's book.

Dover's series on engineering has a few. Space Dynamics by William Teyrrell Thomson along with the one recommended above. You can find them both fairly cheap.

Both books listed are excellent, and not just for beginners. Another good book is by Vallado. I forget the title but is is very lengthy.

Related to [aero/astrodynamics] Looking for a book recommendation

1. What is the best book for beginners in aerodynamics/astrodynamics?

The best book for beginners in aerodynamics/astrodynamics is "Fundamentals of Aerodynamics" by John D. Anderson. It provides a comprehensive introduction to the basic principles and concepts of aerodynamics/astrodynamics, making it easy for beginners to understand.

2. Are there any books that focus specifically on spacecraft dynamics and control?

Yes, "Spacecraft Dynamics and Control: A Practical Engineering Approach" by Marcel J. Sidi is a highly recommended book for those interested in spacecraft dynamics and control. It covers topics such as orbital mechanics, attitude dynamics, and spacecraft stabilization and control.

3. I already have a basic understanding of aerodynamics/astrodynamics. What is a good intermediate-level book to further my knowledge?

"Introduction to Flight" by John D. Anderson is a great intermediate-level book that delves deeper into the principles and applications of aerodynamics/astrodynamics. It covers topics such as airfoil theory, compressible flow, and orbital mechanics.

4. Is there a book that covers both aerodynamics and astronautics?

Yes, "Aerodynamics and Astronautics: Flight Dynamics and Control" by Tewari is a comprehensive book that covers both aerodynamics and astronautics. It includes topics such as vehicle dynamics, rocket propulsion, and orbital mechanics.

5. Are there any books that focus on the practical applications of aerodynamics/astrodynamics?

"Applied Aerodynamics" by George J. Hubert is a highly recommended book for those interested in the practical applications of aerodynamics. It covers topics such as aircraft design, performance, and stability and control, making it a valuable resource for engineers and researchers.