Advertising Study: Can Undergrad Chemistry Courses be Posted on PF?

• Thread starter mind
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around whether it is allowed to post an advertisement for an undergraduate chemistry course on the Physics Forums website. The person asking the question is unsure if it goes against the rules and does not want to be rude. They clarify that by "post calls" they mean to post invitations or advertisements for the course. Another person points out that there is a rule against advertising for personal gain on the website. However, there is a section on the forum specifically for posting such information. The person asking for permission then explains that they have no personal gain from the advertisement and just want to spread information about a course at their university. They provide details about the course and ask if they can post the advertisement or if they should forget about it
mind
Hi,

is there a place on PF where one can post calls for undergraduate chemistry courses? I checked - admittedly, briefly - guidelines and forums, but couldn't find anything against it, but on the other hand, I do not want to be rude and post something that is against the spirit of the site.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
This may be due to a language issue and you've used some lingo I'm not aware of, but what do you mean "post calls"?

To post calls = to post invitations, to place on the forum the information about the course and the contact details for further inquiries.

Basically, I'm asking whether I can start a thread and post an advertisement for an undergraduate course in chemistry...

That would be up to Greg.

I would point out though that the rules do specify no advertising.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you don't mind posting the post itself below. I've marked with XXXX parts that could be understood as advertising.

Personally, I do not gain anything from this. The reason for posting this is that I've studied at this University and I'd love to see more "westerners" study in this - otherwise famous - Japanese University.

So, can I post this, or should I forget about it?

Thanks again!
We are writing this mail to ask you a favor, on behalf of the Department
of Chemistry, XXXX University. We are opening an undergraduate course
in English in October 2011. The program is called Advanced Molecular
Chemistry Course, and this program provides you the basic concepts and
skills in chemistry and the advanced topics in materials sciences. All
the scientific lectures will be given in English, although we prepare
intensive Japanese language classes.

This is one of the XXXX program by the Japanese government. There are
some scholarships along this program. The application deadline is June
30 (Thu.), 2011.
You can find the details in this address below.

XXXXX

Please forward this message and spread this information to all over the
world and those who appreciate, we are more than happy to give you
details and happy to have you studying with us.

For further details please contact us below.

XXXXXWe thank you in advance for your understanding of the importance of
international education and for your help.XXXX

I don't think that would be appropriate here.

But as above, it comes down to Greg.

Related to Advertising Study: Can Undergrad Chemistry Courses be Posted on PF?

What is the purpose of the advertising study?

The purpose of the advertising study is to determine if posting undergraduate chemistry courses on popular forums (PF) can effectively reach and engage potential students.

Why are undergraduate chemistry courses being used in the study?

Undergraduate chemistry courses are being used in the study because they are a popular and in-demand subject, and attract a wide range of students. This allows for a more comprehensive evaluation of the effectiveness of posting on PF.

What are the potential benefits of posting on PF?

The potential benefits of posting on PF include reaching a large and diverse audience of students, increasing visibility and awareness of the courses, and potentially attracting more students to enroll in the courses.

What is the target demographic for the advertising study?

The target demographic for the advertising study is undergraduate students who are interested in chemistry courses, as well as those who may not have considered taking chemistry courses but could be interested after seeing the advertisements on PF.

How will the effectiveness of the advertisements be measured?

The effectiveness of the advertisements will be measured by tracking the number of clicks, views, and conversions (enrollments) from the PF posts. Surveys may also be used to gather feedback from students who saw the advertisements.