Advanced textbooks in probability and/or Ito Calculus

In summary, for advanced measure theoretic probability theory, books such as "Probability with Applications in Engineering, Science, and Technology" and "Elementary Stochastic Calculus with Finance in View" are recommended. For advanced Ito calculus, books like "Stochastic Differential Equations: An Introduction with Applications" and "Stochastic Calculus for Finance I: The Binomial Asset Pricing Model" are good options.
johnqwertyful
I have a very solid foundation of measure theoretic probability theory, I have taken a graduate course on Ito calculus, along with writing a senior thesis about it. I am looking for advanced measure theoretic probability theory, and advanced books on Ito calculus. I have worked through Durrett, Ash, Shreve, Klebaner, etc. What books are more advanced than them?

Physics news on Phys.org
For advanced measure theoretic probability theory, I would recommend books such as:-probability with Applications in Engineering, Science, and Technology by Peter Olofsson and Thomas H. Ryff-Elementary Stochastic Calculus with Finance in View by Thomas Mikosch-Probability, Random Processes, and Statistical Analysis by Robert M. Gray-Probability and Measure Theory by Robert B. Ash-Theory of Point Processes by Daley and Vere-Jones-Stochastic Processes and Applications by David NualartFor advanced Ito calculus, some recommended books are:-Stochastic Differential Equations: An Introduction with Applications by Bernt Oksendal-An Introduction to Stochastic Differential Equations by Peter E. Kloeden and Eckhard Platen-Stochastic Calculus for Finance I: The Binomial Asset Pricing Model by Steven Shreve-Advanced Financial Modelling by Damiano Brigo and Fabio Mercurio-Stochastic Calculus for Finance II: Continuous-Time Models by Steven Shreve

Related to Advanced textbooks in probability and/or Ito Calculus

1. What is probability theory?

Probability theory is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of random phenomena. It provides a framework for understanding and quantifying uncertainty and allows us to make predictions about the likelihood of different outcomes.

2. What is Ito calculus?

Ito calculus is a branch of mathematics that is used to study stochastic processes, which are systems that evolve over time in a random manner. It is a powerful tool for analyzing and understanding the behavior of these systems, and it has applications in fields such as finance, physics, and biology.

3. What are some common applications of probability theory?

Probability theory has many practical applications, including risk assessment in finance, prediction of weather patterns, and analysis of medical data. It is also used in fields such as gambling, insurance, and genetics.

4. Is a strong background in mathematics necessary to understand advanced textbooks in probability and/or Ito calculus?

Yes, a strong foundation in mathematics is necessary to fully understand and appreciate advanced textbooks in probability and/or Ito calculus. These subjects require a solid understanding of calculus, linear algebra, and probability theory.

5. How can I improve my understanding of probability theory and Ito calculus?

To improve your understanding of these subjects, it is important to have a strong mathematical background and to practice solving problems and working through examples. You can also attend lectures, join study groups, and seek guidance from experienced mathematicians or professors.