Ads Covering Post Text on Physics Forums Thread #303838

• Thread starter dx
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the presence of an advertisement covering the quoted text on a webpage. The issue only occurs when the user is not logged in and is using Firefox 3.0.8. It is believed to be a CSS problem with quotes and the issue has been brought to the attention of the website's administrator.
Physics news on Phys.org
Do you see ads when you're logged in?

Oh right! that's what happened. No, I don't see ads when I'm logged in. But when I log out and go to the page I linked above, I see an ad covering the text. Do you see it too? (when you're not logged in)

I see the ad but its not covering any text.

I attached a pic of what I see.

Attachments

• ad.jpg
    ad.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 432
Hmm. We'll have to see what Greg says. He might find it useful to know what browser you're using.

Firefox 3.0.8

appears to be a CSS problem with quotes

Related to Ads Covering Post Text on Physics Forums Thread #303838

1. What are "Ads Covering Post Text" on Physics Forums?

Ads Covering Post Text on Physics Forums refers to advertisements that are placed on a forum thread and cover the actual content of the post, making it difficult for users to read or interact with the post.

2. Why are these ads covering the post text?

These ads are placed by the website or forum administrators to generate revenue. They may also be placed by third-party advertisers who have paid for ad space on the site.

3. How do these ads affect the user experience on Physics Forums?

Ads covering post text can be distracting and frustrating for users trying to read or respond to posts on the forum. They can also slow down the loading time of the page and make it difficult to navigate.

4. Is there a way to remove these ads?

Unfortunately, as a user, there is no way to remove these ads as they are a part of the website's revenue-generating strategy. However, some ad blockers and browser extensions may be able to block these ads.

5. Are there any alternatives to using Physics Forums without these ads?

Yes, there are some alternative forums and websites that discuss physics topics without any ads. However, these may not have the same level of activity and engagement as Physics Forums.