Active User Count: View and Track Active Users

In summary: Therefore, you can never be sure if you're talking to a bot or a real person. This adds to the mystique and the excitement of the forum.
Joeyluvluv
y can't i see currecntly active users ? tnx

Physics news on Phys.org
you've been banned, but they think that just stopping you coming will result in a bypass with a proxy so instead they rerout people like us to an 'alternate' PF, we're actually posting in a fofum that doesn't exist. Notice the archive only goes back 6 pages. ITS A CONSPIRACY!

Smurf said:
you've been banned, but they think that just stopping you coming will result in a bypass with a proxy so instead they rerout people like us to an 'alternate' PF, we're actually posting in a fofum that doesn't exist. Notice the archive only goes back 6 pages. ITS A CONSPIRACY!

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: (You were kidding, right? :rolleyes: ) :smile: :smile:

the number 42 said:
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: (You were kidding, right? :rolleyes: ) :smile: :smile:

No its all real. Tribdog just PMed me about, so it has to be real :approve:

franznietzsche said:

No, it's just you people with the green quote buttons. The rest of us just pop in once in a while to bring food and water and make sure nobody is trying to break out. :smile:

Greg must be fixing something around here that different people are seeing different things.

:smile: :smile: :smile: Stop, you're killing me :smile: :smile: :smile:
(This is a joke, right fellas? :rolleyes: Fellas?) :smile: :smile: :smile:
:smile: :smile: This just gets funnier! :smile: You'll be telling all of you guys are real next, not just characters from this great software package I downloaded one night, that I can't really remember doing. :smile: :smile: :cry: :smile:

No, it's true, there's an alternate PF. Greg arranged it so that banned members interact with a forum full of chatbots with the same name and signature as those in the real PF. This will have to do until we get our Matrix perfected. Until then, you'll never know which PF you're in! :bugeye:

Oooga Boooga!

So I could have been banned and I would not know it? I could been talking to chatbots now and making a fool of myself?? I am really starting to hate life. :cry:

The Bob (2004 ©)

The Bob said:
So I could have been banned and I would not know it? I could been talking to chatbots now and making a fool of myself?? I am really starting to hate life. :cry:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Take some of my grey goose, its the perfect cure for that.

If The Bob is the only one who's real, that means I'm a chatbot...
...actually, that makes sense of a lot of things in my life...

:smile: I love all the conspiracy theories! You know, it only just occurred to me what the original question was actually asking though. Way down at the bottom of the screen is the list of currently active users for a page, and sometimes there will be several members listed as viewing, but no names listed, or the numbers don't match up. One of the "perks" of being a contributor is you can run around the board in "stealth mode" (okay, it's called invisible mode, but I like calling it stealth mode better), which means your name doesn't show up on the user list and your little green button doesn't light up under your name, so people don't know if you're watching or not. We know Evo sneaks around in stealth mode, and I know of a few others who do as well.

But, back to the conspiracies...:smile:

franznietzsche said:

no, it was actually a tribdog-simulating algorithm that PM'd you.

trust no one.

The great thing about The great thing about The great thing about The great thing about The great thing about The great thing about The great thing about The great thing about The great thing about The great thing about The great thing about The great thing about
error 4F

The great thing about the chatbots is that you can never tell if they're real people or not.

Related to Active User Count: View and Track Active Users

1. What is "Active User Count"?

"Active User Count" refers to the number of users who have engaged with a particular website, app, or platform within a specific period of time. This metric is used to track the number of active and engaged users, which can help businesses understand the popularity and success of their platform.

2. How is "Active User Count" calculated?

The exact method of calculating "Active User Count" may vary depending on the platform or tool being used. Generally, it involves tracking the number of unique users who have interacted with the platform over a specific period of time, such as a day, week, or month. This can be done through user logins, clicks, or other forms of engagement.

3. Why is tracking "Active User Count" important?

Tracking "Active User Count" is important for businesses and websites as it provides insight into the level of engagement and popularity of their platform. It can also help identify trends and patterns in user behavior, which can be used to improve and optimize the platform for a better user experience.

4. Is there a difference between "Active User Count" and "Monthly Active Users"?

Yes, there is a difference between "Active User Count" and "Monthly Active Users". "Active User Count" refers to the number of active users within a specific period, while "Monthly Active Users" specifically tracks the number of active users within a month. "Active User Count" can be used to track active users in any given time frame, while "Monthly Active Users" is a specific metric used for monthly analysis.

5. Can "Active User Count" help with user retention?

Yes, "Active User Count" can help with user retention by providing insight into the number of active and engaged users over time. By tracking this metric, businesses can determine if their user retention strategies are effective and make adjustments accordingly to improve user retention and engagement rates.