Actions of subatomic particles while under observation

In summary, the conversation revolved around the speaker's interest in the inner workings of the universe and their consideration of pursuing computer science. They also discussed the idea of intelligence at the subatomic level and the possibility of it being behind the laws of nature. The other person disagreed, stating that there is no evidence of intelligence at that level and used the example of a thermos to explain it. The conversation also touched on the concept of interpretive physics and the limitations of human understanding when it comes to complex scientific concepts.
Physics4gangsters
TL;DR Summary
excuse me if i get diffrent terminologies confused with others that are not correct. I am not a physicist, nor student. i am just intrigued by the notion of things out of our current boundaries of perceptions as human beings without the help of tools.
Hi my name is tim. I have a new found like of the inner workings of or universe , and am currently considering which field i should go into.

As of now I am considering computer science. But to me, in my opinion, we as in humans created computers, therefore the science is technically already in a sense there,, already. I am more intersetsed in those actualities we didnt create.

My question is... The spectacular experience observed when observing particles on the quantom level, as in things appearing as waves until observed amuses me. There seems to be some form of "slight" intellegience happining at the sub atomic level. Not saying it can't talk or interact on a sentience level. But perhaps it reacts through diffrent properties confined in a certain criterion, not yet discovered perhaps not currently perceivable due to current technology abilities etc.

The is completetly theoretical and i would love to have sum feedback about this phenomena of displacement.. Please elaborate, and please correct me where I am wrong. I am not here to show anyone up or anything. I am only here for knowledge, and seeing how i have no friends that are physicist, i would love to hear from those that are.Tthank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Physics4gangsters said:
There seems to be some form of "slight" intellegience happining at the sub atomic level.

I don't agree. Objects interact through a set of laws that don't change, and just because the laws are strange or non-intuitive doesn't mean that there is some sort of intelligence behind them.

Physics4gangsters said:
There seems to be some form of "slight" intellegience happining at the sub atomic level.
If the electron could speak we would not understand it!

• Haha
Likes DifferentialGalois and vanhees71
Physics4gangsters said:
this phenomena of displacement

What phenomena are you talking about? Can you describe a specific experiment that you have questions about?

I think you are seeing signs of intelligence that just isn't there. It's like a thermos. How does it know to keep hot things hot and cold things cold? How does it know?

• Haha
Likes vanhees71 and etotheipi
Vanadium 50 said:
How does it know to keep hot things hot and cold things cold?
Like the McDLT?

But if I switch sides in a McDLT carton, it still works! How does it know?

• Haha
Likes DrClaude
Vanadium 50 said:
I think you are seeing signs of intelligence that just isn't there. It's like a thermos. How does it know to keep hot things hot and cold things cold? How does it know?
Thermoconsciousness? Interpretive physics?
PeroK said:
If the electron could speak we would not understand it!
Are you pulling his string?

1. What is the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle and how does it relate to subatomic particles under observation?

The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle states that it is impossible to know the exact position and momentum of a subatomic particle at the same time. This means that when a particle is being observed, its behavior may be affected by the act of observation, making it difficult to accurately measure its properties.

2. How do subatomic particles behave differently when observed versus when not observed?

When observed, subatomic particles may exhibit different behaviors such as changing their position or momentum. This is due to the disturbance caused by the act of observation, which can alter their natural state.

3. Can subatomic particles be observed without affecting their behavior?

No, according to the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, the act of observation will always have some level of impact on the behavior of subatomic particles. However, advancements in technology have allowed for more precise measurements and less disturbance during observation.

4. How do scientists observe subatomic particles?

Scientists use various methods such as particle accelerators, electron microscopes, and detectors to observe subatomic particles. These tools allow for the measurement of the particles' properties without directly interacting with them.

5. What practical applications does the study of subatomic particles have?

Studying subatomic particles can help us better understand the fundamental building blocks of the universe and how they interact. This knowledge can be applied in fields such as medicine, energy production, and technology development.