A Story of Friendship and Space Exploration: My Dedication from a Cosmonaut

In summary, the conversation revolves around a book about manned space flight with a dedication written in Russian by a cosmonaut who was involved in the Buran project. The person recalls receiving the book as a gift and shares a rough translation of the dedication. They also ask if others have similar items that hold special meaning to them.
nazzard
Gold Member
Hello :smile:

While I was browsing through all the contributions for this weeks PF Photo Contest - "When You Wish Upon A Star" I remembered a book which was given to me as a gift when I was 11 years old. (a few years ago :rolleyes:) It told the story of manned space flight.

Well today I've finally found it and there's a dedication written in Russian on the first page. Now what makes it so special, apart from the nice words, is the fact that it was written by the cosmonaut http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ru/f/f1/Volk.jpg" and was later involved in the Buran project. :cool:

My Russian is rather limited (not to mention my English :rolleyes:) but here's my try to give a rough translation:

"May this autograph/dedication contribute to strengthen the friendship and mutual understanding in all matters"

I hope at least some of it is correct. :blushing:

Do you also have or remember something given to you that you regard as a small treasure; something that makes you smile whenever you take a look at or think of it? :smile:

Regards,

nazzard

Attachments

• dedication.gif
    dedication.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 493
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
nazzard said:
Hello :smile:

While I was browsing through all the contributions for this weeks PF Photo Contest - "When You Wish Upon A Star" I remembered a book which was given to me as a gift when I was 11 years old. (a few years ago :rolleyes:) It told the story of manned space flight.

Well today I've finally found it and there's a dedication written in Russian on the first page. Now what makes it so special, apart from the nice words, is the fact that it was written by the cosmonaut http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ru/f/f1/Volk.jpg" and was later involved in the Buran project. :cool:

My Russian is rather limited (not to mention my English :rolleyes:) but here's my try to give a rough translation:

"May this autograph/dedication contribute to strengthen the friendship and mutual understanding in all matters"

I hope at least some of it is correct. :blushing:

Do you also have or remember something given to you that you regard as a small treasure; something that makes you smile whenever you take a look at or think of it? :smile:

Regards,

nazzard

I wish i had, but most of the stuff i had gave a negative memory, so i chucked them out.

Last edited by a moderator:

I find this story of friendship and space exploration very heartwarming and inspiring. It reminds us of the power of human connection and collaboration, even in the vastness of space. The dedication from the cosmonaut speaks to the importance of friendship and understanding in all aspects of our lives, including in scientific endeavors. It is also a reminder of the international cooperation that has allowed us to achieve great feats in space exploration.

I can imagine that receiving this book and dedication at such a young age sparked your interest and passion for space exploration. It's wonderful to have a physical reminder of that moment and to be able to look back on it with fondness. As scientists, we often have objects or mementos that hold special meaning for us and serve as a source of inspiration and motivation.

Thank you for sharing this personal story and for reminding us of the human element in science and exploration. May we continue to strive for friendship and understanding, both on Earth and in the vastness of space.

Related to A Story of Friendship and Space Exploration: My Dedication from a Cosmonaut

1. What inspired you to write "A Story of Friendship and Space Exploration: My Dedication from a Cosmonaut"?

As a scientist and cosmonaut, I have always been fascinated by space exploration and the bonds formed between astronauts during their missions. I wanted to share this story of friendship and adventure with others, and inspire young readers to pursue their own passions and dreams.

2. Is the story based on real events?

While the story is fictional, it is inspired by my own experiences as a cosmonaut and the real-life friendships I have formed with my fellow astronauts. I have also drawn upon my knowledge of space exploration and scientific research to make the story as realistic as possible.

3. What messages do you hope readers will take away from "A Story of Friendship and Space Exploration: My Dedication from a Cosmonaut"?

I hope readers will be inspired by the themes of friendship, perseverance, and the wonders of space. I also hope to convey the importance of international collaboration in scientific research and exploration, as well as the impact of space exploration on our understanding of the universe and our place in it.

4. How did your background in science influence the writing of this book?

My background in science played a significant role in the writing of this book. As a scientist, I am trained to observe and analyze the world around me, and this mindset helped me to create a detailed and accurate depiction of space exploration and the challenges faced by astronauts. Additionally, my knowledge of scientific concepts and theories allowed me to incorporate them into the story in a way that was both educational and engaging.

5. What do you hope readers will remember most about "A Story of Friendship and Space Exploration: My Dedication from a Cosmonaut"?

I hope readers will remember the strong bonds of friendship that are formed in the face of challenges and the wonders of space that are waiting to be explored. I also hope to instill a sense of wonder and curiosity about the universe, and inspire readers to never give up on their dreams, no matter how big they may seem.