A site that explains the physics behind particle Accelerators?

In summary, the individual is looking for a specific website that explains the physics of particle accelerators with equations and numbers to a high school level. They have already checked the sites of the Department of Energy and CERN, but found them lacking in equations such as the Lorentz force and oscillating fields. They need this information for an individual work for their high school exam, where they aim to link what they have learned about electromagnetic waves and Lorentz force in high school to particle accelerators. They are seeking assistance in finding a suitable resource.
physics user1
Please, can you give me a site where the physics of particle accelerators is explaimed with numbers and equations to high school Level? I found the site of the department of Energy and the cern but there are not equations like the lorentz force and the oscillating fields... I need something a little more specific, I need it for an individual work for the high school exam, I am making this work on partice accelerators and I want to link what I learned from high school oN electromagnetic waves and lorentz force to the particle accelerators

Please help me

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Cozma Alex said:
Please, can you give me a site where the physics of particle accelerators is explaimed with numbers and equations to high school Level? I found the site of the department of Energy and the cern but there are not equations like the lorentz force and the oscillating fields... I need something a little more specific, I need it for an individual work for the high school exam, I am making this work on partice accelerators and I want to link what I learned from high school oN electromagnetic waves and lorentz force to the particle accelerators

Please help me

Thanks
The Wikipedia article is pretty good, and has lots of References & Links at the end for more detailed reading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Particle_accelerator

:smile:

Likes vanhees71 and physics user1

Related to A site that explains the physics behind particle Accelerators?

1. What is a particle accelerator?

A particle accelerator is a scientific instrument used to increase the velocity and energy of charged particles, such as protons or electrons, to study their interactions and properties.

2. How do particle accelerators work?

Particle accelerators use electromagnetic fields and powerful magnets to accelerate particles and control their trajectory. They work on the principle of accelerating charged particles in a vacuum using electric fields and steering them with magnetic fields.

3. What types of particles are accelerated in a particle accelerator?

Particle accelerators can accelerate a variety of particles, including protons, electrons, positrons, and heavy ions. The type of particle used depends on the specific research being conducted.

4. What are the applications of particle accelerators?

Particle accelerators have a wide range of applications in various fields of science and technology, including particle physics, nuclear medicine, materials science, and industrial processes. They are used to study fundamental particles and their interactions, create new materials, and produce medical isotopes for cancer treatment.

5. What are the challenges in building and operating a particle accelerator?

Building and operating a particle accelerator is a complex and expensive undertaking. Some of the main challenges include designing and constructing powerful magnets, creating a stable and precise vacuum, and ensuring the safety of the researchers and the surrounding environment due to the high energies involved.