A problem discovered in using Autodesk force effect to analyze the tru

• Thread starter aerograce
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Force
In summary, a problem has been discovered in using Autodesk Force Effect to analyze truss structures. Users have reported errors and inconsistencies in the results, making it unreliable for accurate analysis. As a result, alternative software or manual calculations may be necessary for accurate truss analysis.
aerograce
The Fink truss is my model. In analyzing this structure, autodesk doesn't give me the desired result. Look at point F, it doesn't reach equilibrium. I don't know why, but shall we continue to use this app in analyzing truss structures?
ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1378948723.724433.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1378948736.164932.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1378948746.123950.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1378948768.984263.jpg

Engineering news on Phys.org
It's kind of hard to follow your problem, since you jump right into the middle of it.

There are free truss analyzers which can be downloaded off the net. I would check you truss with one of these.
This is a pretty good package: http://www.grapesoftware.mb.ca/

Thanks for your advice. Just by lookijg at point F, it doesn't reach equilibrium. But maybe I am wrong, so I want to verify it

Related to A problem discovered in using Autodesk force effect to analyze the tru

1. What is Autodesk Force Effect and how does it relate to trusses?

Autodesk Force Effect is a software tool used for structural analysis and simulation. It allows users to model and analyze trusses, which are structures made up of interconnected beams used to support loads.

2. What types of problems can be identified using Autodesk Force Effect?

Autodesk Force Effect can identify a variety of problems in truss structures, such as excessive stress, displacement, and instability. It can also help identify areas of high strain and potential failure points.

3. Can Autodesk Force Effect analyze different types of trusses?

Yes, Autodesk Force Effect can analyze different types of trusses, including simple trusses, space trusses, and trusses with varying cross-sectional shapes and sizes. It also allows for customization of member properties and boundary conditions.

4. Is Autodesk Force Effect accurate in its analysis results?

Autodesk Force Effect uses advanced algorithms and finite element analysis techniques to provide accurate results. However, the accuracy of the analysis is also dependent on the quality of input data and assumptions made during the modeling process.

5. Can Autodesk Force Effect provide solutions for identified problems in truss structures?

Yes, Autodesk Force Effect can provide suggestions for solving identified problems in truss structures. It offers tools for adjusting member sizes and configurations, as well as options for applying additional supports or restraints to improve the structural performance.