A Fresh Look: New Logo Comparison

• Thread starter mattmns
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Comparison
In summary, the conversation is about the new PF icon and some users noticing a change in color. Some users have the old yellow and blue icon, while others have the new blue one. The conversation also mentions a Firefox plugin called FoxyTunes that allows users to play and control music from their browser. One user prefers a different plugin called MoonyBearyTunes.
Physics news on Phys.org
What's the difference - the color ?

I still have the old yellow and blue one. :frown:

Gokul43201 said:
What's the difference - the color ?

I still have the old yellow and blue one. :frown:
Me too. Mattmns must have a special version...the one that doesn't let him edit. :biggrin:

Yeah the old one was an ugly yellow, and now the new one is a smooth blue :smile:

Maybe try clearing your cache.

edit... And the edit issue has been resolved. I was not patient enough to let the edit take a few seconds to kick in :smile:

I've never seen that "old one"

Wait, mine's blue too. :eek: I was looking at my bookmark icon.

Gokul43201 said:
Wait, mine's blue too. :eek: I was looking at my bookmark icon.
:frown: Mine is still yellow. (And yes, I cleared the cache...I'm not convinced that ever does anything useful.) But RSS feeds are just a click away, for what it's worth (I thought it was something that came with the PF upgrade, but just learned that it's actually a new feature that came with my Safari upgrade...if a site has an RSS feed, Safari displays an icon in the address bar that I can click to view the feed). It's not too exciting though since it isn't much more than a list of new posts that I could view by clicking on New Posts. :rolleyes: Now, if someone wants to make me a PF widget so I can view the new posts RSS feed from my desktop while my browser is closed, I'd love having yet another widget to add to my new toy collection. (I'm just loving widgets! :biggrin:)

I like it too!

which firefox plugin is that that allows you to play music and control it from the browser?

btw, my PF icon is still the yellow one.:mad:

That screen shot doesn't look anything like what I have, but I think the one at work is similar. There are no icons at all on mine—just white text in a blue stripe.

rocketboy said:
which firefox plugin is that that allows you to play music and control it from the browser?

btw, my PF icon is still the yellow one.:mad:
FoxyTunes. It is awesome!

Here is the official site: http://www.iosart.com/foxytunes/firefox/

Here is the extension at mozilla: https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=219

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer moonybearytunes:

http://www.moonybearytunes.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to A Fresh Look: New Logo Comparison

What is the purpose of "A Fresh Look: New Logo Comparison"?

The purpose of "A Fresh Look: New Logo Comparison" is to compare and contrast a company's old logo with its new logo, and to analyze the design choices and potential impact on the company's brand image.

Why is it important to update a company's logo?

Updating a company's logo can help to modernize its brand image, attract new customers, and stay relevant in a constantly evolving market. It can also help to differentiate the company from its competitors and reflect any changes in the company's values or mission.

What factors should be considered when designing a new logo?

When designing a new logo, factors such as the company's target audience, industry, values, and brand image should be taken into account. It is also important to consider the logo's versatility, simplicity, and timelessness.

How does a new logo impact a company's brand image?

A new logo can have a significant impact on a company's brand image. It can help to create a fresh and modern image, or it can risk alienating loyal customers if not executed carefully. A well-designed logo can convey professionalism, trustworthiness, and a strong brand identity.

What are some potential challenges when implementing a new logo?

One potential challenge is ensuring that the new logo is well-received by both customers and employees. Another challenge is maintaining consistency across all platforms and materials, such as social media, packaging, and signage. Finally, there may be a financial cost associated with rebranding and updating all materials with the new logo.