A chemical engineering student. How are you?

• Thread starter MeowingDog
  • Start date
In summary, a chemical engineering student is someone who is studying the application of chemistry, physics, and mathematics to design, develop, and operate processes that convert raw materials into useful products. They are responsible for analyzing and developing solutions to problems in the production of chemicals, fuels, medicines, and other products. These students must have a strong background in science, math, and problem-solving skills, as well as a passion for innovation and a desire to make a positive impact on society.
MeowingDog
How did you find PF?
Google
Hello. I'm a chemical engineering student, but I'm not too sure what field I want to go into. One field I may want to look into is within cancer research, but please know that's only one of many so advice that doesn't just limit to this field would be appreciated however I'd like the field of advice to be within the realm of chemical engineering.

Why chemical engineering? Because most other engineering fields seen trivial to me. I also enjoy the mathematics of chemistry more than the mixing of chemicals. Lecture is always more fun to me than lab.

I'm not in it for the money. Any engineering field can make me well off. I want to utilize my potential to it's fullest and the engineering of chemistry seems perfect. However I don't want something like making better toothpastes or better products. I means yes that will be nice but again, trivial. I can do those things but then I'd need to find something else on the side like figuring out some of those unsolvable math proofs, one of which I'm researching just because it seems like a lot of fun. But just a math only field I don't want to do.

I want a career that will challenge me and my mind but the problem is what most others find challenging I find trivial. I don't want to simply be just the next worker bee. I want to be the next Schrödinger, John Nash, Einstein, Oppenheimer. And before you say I can't just know I view those who say can't as quitters and I don't respect quitters because people told those guys they can't and look where they ended up. Not saying I will become but if I stop because I listened to the foolishness of quitters I never will. I have a lot to offer and I'm pretty stubborn. Yes I might be a little harsh in my words, it's because I'm set on what I want and won't let others stop me because they see it impossible simply because they were incapable. Yesterday's failures should never blind us to tomorrow's possibilities. That is the path of the fool in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF! :smile: