Α baseball player throws the ball....

In summary, the average speed of a baseball thrown by a professional player is around 90 miles per hour, with some pitchers able to reach speeds of 100 miles per hour. Several factors can affect a player's throwing speed, including arm strength, mechanics, pitch type, and environmental conditions. While some players may be able to throw accurately from any position, most excel in a specific position. Baseball players often train with weight training, resistance band exercises, and plyometric drills to improve their throwing abilities, as well as working with coaches to fine-tune their technique. However, overuse injuries to the arm are common among players, especially pitchers, due to the significant stress placed on the arm during throwing.
Michael_0039
Homework Statement
Α baseball player throws the ball and another player 120 meters far, starts running...
Relevant Equations
nil
Hi all !

I wonder if I'm right.

(From : Fundamental University Physics, Volume 1 (Mechanics) - (Marcelo Alonso, Edward J.finn) Addison Wesley 1967)

Καταγραφή.PNG

22.PNG

This is my try:
New Doc 2019-09-30 23.02.28_1.jpg

New Doc 2019-09-30 23.02.28_3.jpg
* I have the Greek version of the book and there is no answer.Thanks.

Likes PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
Edit:

Καταγραφή.PNG

Looks good to me.

Likes Michael_0039
Me too!

Likes Michael_0039

Related to Α baseball player throws the ball....

1. How fast can a baseball player throw a ball?

The average pitching speed in Major League Baseball is around 92-93 miles per hour (mph), but some pitchers can throw as fast as 100 mph.

2. What is the average distance a baseball player can throw a ball?

The average distance a baseball player can throw a ball is around 120 feet, but this can vary depending on the player's position and skill level.

3. How does a baseball player improve their throwing velocity?

A baseball player can improve their throwing velocity through strength and conditioning training, proper throwing mechanics, and consistent practice.

4. What is the longest throw ever made by a baseball player?

The longest throw ever recorded by a baseball player was made by Cleveland Indians outfielder, Ichiro Suzuki, in 2001 at 343 feet.

5. How does a baseball player prevent injuries while throwing?

To prevent injuries while throwing, a baseball player should always warm up and stretch before throwing, use proper throwing mechanics, and listen to their body's limits to avoid overexertion.