Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

5 Vertices Denoted by K5 part A

Joystar1977

Jul 24, 2013
Consider the complete graph with 5 vertices, denoted by K5.

A. Draw the graph

The question I have when drawing this graph with 5 vertices and denote by K5, should I draw, medium, or large squares? Should I draw the graph vertically or horizontally or which would be easier when I have to make sure it has 5 vertices (denoted by K5)?

caffeinemachine

MHB Math Scholar
Mar 10, 2012
Consider the complete graph with 5 vertices, denoted by K5.

A. Draw the graph

The question I have when drawing this graph with 5 vertices and denote by K5, should I draw, medium, or large squares? Should I draw the graph vertically or horizontally or which would be easier when I have to make sure it has 5 vertices (denoted by K5)?
What you are required to do is simply draw a 'pentagon' with any two vetices connected by a 'line'. I do not understand what you mean by drawing $K_5$ vertically (or horizontally ). Can you please elaborate on this?

Joystar1977

Jul 24, 2013
Caffeinemachine: In response to your questions, I am trying to see what exactly is easier when I draw this graph and to help me understand it as to me reading it. Are you stating that I am suppose to draw a pentagon? I ask this because the question doesn't specify or state that. It states the following:

A.) Consider the complete graph with 5 vertices, denoted by K5. Draw the graph.

When I mean by drawing K5 vertically or horizontally is would it be easier to see straight up and down or going across from left to right.

caffeinemachine

MHB Math Scholar
Mar 10, 2012
Caffeinemachine: In response to your questions, I am trying to see what exactly is easier when I draw this graph and to help me understand it as to me reading it. Are you stating that I am suppose to draw a pentagon? I ask this because the question doesn't specify or state that. It states the following:

A.) Consider the complete graph with 5 vertices, denoted by K5. Draw the graph.

When I mean by drawing K5 vertically or horizontally is would it be easier to see straight up and down or going across from left to right.
Here I have drawn it in two different ways. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JaUjGU2cnnnpabDzyT_GQRsq7Uyy_qTRDrsPwrOL9D4/edit?usp=drive_web

One is the 'pentagon' way and the pther is the 'horizontal' way. Tell me if you have further doubts.