2017 Students: List your Semester 1 courses

In summary, when deciding which courses to take in your first semester as a student in 2017, it is important to consider your major and academic goals. Common courses for first semester students include introductory courses in their major, general education requirements, and any necessary prerequisite courses. The typical course load for a first semester is 4-5 classes, but this may vary depending on factors such as major, academic abilities, and personal preferences. It is possible to change your courses after the semester has started, but it is important to check with your university's policies and deadlines. You can usually find a list of general education requirements and their corresponding courses on your university's website or in the course catalog, and your academic advisor can also help you choose
What courses are you taking first semester?

Likes scottdave
Physics news on Phys.org
Alg 1
English 100
PE

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Going into my third year of Physics MSci...

Intro to Solid State Physics
Atoms, Photons, Fundamental Particles
Non-Linear Dynamics
Scientific Computing
Quantum Dynamics

Likes Greg Bernhardt

Related to 2017 Students: List your Semester 1 courses

1. What courses should I take for my first semester as a student in 2017?

This depends on your major and academic goals, but some common courses for first semester students include introductory courses in their major, general education requirements, and any prerequisite courses necessary for future classes.

2. How many courses should I take in my first semester?

The typical course load for a first semester student is 4-5 classes, but this may vary depending on your major, academic abilities, and personal preferences.

3. Can I change my courses after the semester has started?

Yes, most universities allow students to make changes to their course schedule during the first week or two of the semester. However, it is important to check with your university's policies and deadlines for adding or dropping courses.

4. How do I know which courses fulfill my general education requirements?

You can usually find a list of general education requirements and the courses that fulfill them on your university's website or in the course catalog. Your academic advisor can also help you choose courses that fulfill these requirements.

5. Are there any recommended courses for students in their first semester?

Some universities offer specific courses or programs for first semester students, such as a first-year experience course or a program for undecided majors. Check with your university to see if they have any recommended courses for new students.