Xanthen 3 one and its derivatives

• Medical
  • Thread starter Motivanka
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Derivatives
In summary, xanthen-3-one is a ketone with a fluorine atom at the "three" position. It is more commonly known as fluorone.
Motivanka
I need to write essey about xanthen 3 one and its derivatives. But the problem is that on internet there is so little data about xanthen 3 one. Does anyone know is xanthen 3 one same as xanthen ? Does it have other name ? Any information would be great help. These are just some questions I need to answer in order to write essay about it :
How they work ?
How they influent on receptors, enzymes ?
What is its pdb base and code ?
Is there any data about its influenting on E. coli ?

You don't need to answer just help me with references please :)

Biology news on Phys.org
Do you mean xanthan? I think xanthen might be the German spelling, but most names for chemicals use English in what you would search for.

Try this link to start with: https://books.google.com/books?id=Q...PBP8Q6AEIKjAE#v=onepage&q=xanthan 3.1&f=false

Also I am not sure what you mean by the '3 one' - can you provide some context - for example is this about the Xanthomonas bacterium? It makes xanthan gum from carbohydrates. Xanthan is used in cooking as a thickener.

German wiki: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kategorie:Xanthen

Sorry this is best I can do.

Likes Motivanka
Motivanka said:
xanthen-3-one
" -3-one " indicates a "ketone" functionality at the "three" position, but no idea what "xanthen" is.

Likes Motivanka
Looks like xanthen-3-one is more commonly known as fluorone. Chemspider.com is a good place to look up chemical properties of a substance, and pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov is a good place to look up the biological effects of a compound. Searching for information about the compound may be easier using its CAS number (494-41-7), especially if using a database like SciFinder.

Likes jim mcnamara and Motivanka
Ygggdrasil said:
Looks like xanthen-3-one is more commonly known as fluorone. Chemspider.com is a good place to look up chemical properties of a substance, and pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov is a good place to look up the biological effects of a compound. Searching for information about the compound may be easier using its CAS number (494-41-7), especially if using a database like SciFinder.
I also found that fluorone's Iupac name is xanthen 3 one :) Thanks this might help.

Related to Xanthen 3 one and its derivatives

What is Xanthen 3 one and its derivatives?

Xanthen 3 one is a heterocyclic compound that is widely used in organic synthesis reactions. Its derivatives are compounds that contain the Xanthen 3 one structure but with additional functional groups attached to it.

What is the chemical structure of Xanthen 3 one?

The chemical structure of Xanthen 3 one is a tricyclic aromatic compound with two benzene rings fused together and a ketone group attached at the 3 position.

What are the applications of Xanthen 3 one and its derivatives?

Xanthen 3 one and its derivatives have a wide range of applications in the pharmaceutical, agrochemical, and dye industries. They are also used as fluorescent dyes, catalysts, and photochromic materials.

How are Xanthen 3 one and its derivatives synthesized?

Xanthen 3 one and its derivatives can be synthesized by various methods, including Friedel-Crafts acylation, Perkin reaction, and Vilsmeier-Haack reaction.

What are the potential health hazards of Xanthen 3 one and its derivatives?

Some Xanthen 3 one derivatives may have toxic effects on the liver and kidneys. It is important to handle these compounds with caution and follow proper safety protocols.