Would it be worth for 12-16 months internship

• Thread starter budala
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Internship
In summary, the successful candidate will be an integral member of the team and will investigate new location based technologies. They should be passionate about what they do and be able to envision the future. They should also have experience in research of emerging technologies, component research and definition, schematic design, PCB design, low level s/w driver development and design validation. If they are able to distinguish themselves from the other applicants, they will have a good chance of getting a non-crud job.
budala
I would like to know if it would be worthwhile to put my school on hold (for about a year) after my 3rd year of electrical engineering and to work in a student internship, as posted below.
thanks to all! :smile:

POSITION SUMMARY

The successful candidate will be an integral member of the team and will investigate new location based technologies. We are looking for a creative individual who is passionate about what they do and can envision the future. This position is a great learning opportunity limited only by the enthusiasm of the individual. We encourage our students to try to tackle all aspects of a project including: research of emerging technologies, component research and definition, schematic design, PCB design, low level s/w driver development and design validation.

Physics news on Phys.org
I say yes, any type of work experience is more important.

I agree with coffee. Work experience is good for the CV and invaluable as a development tool for yourself as well. Who knows, might even make your next year at school easier too.

I also agree with this:
Who knows, might even make your next year at school easier too.

I'll be gone for a year, summer and fall, back in the spring so I haven't experienced it yet. But my friend did a co-op last year and he is doing awesome in class now. He says he loves it because he actually knows now why he is learning what he is learning in classes.

If I know I'm learning something that I can actually apply out in the real world it makes me that much more likely to want to do well in it.

Mr. Coffee, it looks like you have almost convinced yourself that this is the right thing to do. Just in case two more words might tip the scales: DO IT.

Sturgeon's Law (90% of everything is crud) applies to fresh-outs and to the jobs that await them. I assume you want one of few jobs that qualify as non-crud. To get such a job, you need to distinguish as one of the 10% non-crud applicants. A good internship is one of the key distinguishing features.

Related to Would it be worth for 12-16 months internship

1. Is a 12-16 month internship worth the time and effort?

A 12-16 month internship can be a valuable experience for many reasons. It provides an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in your field of study, develop new skills, and make professional connections. Additionally, it can enhance your resume and make you a more competitive candidate for future job opportunities.

2. How will a 12-16 month internship benefit my career?

A 12-16 month internship can benefit your career in various ways. It can give you a chance to apply the knowledge you have learned in a real-world setting, which can be valuable for future job opportunities. It can also help you develop essential skills such as teamwork, communication, and problem-solving, which are highly sought after by employers.

3. Will a 12-16 month internship increase my chances of getting a job?

Having a 12-16 month internship on your resume can definitely increase your chances of getting a job. It shows potential employers that you have practical experience in your field and have a strong work ethic. Additionally, internships often lead to job offers, as companies may prefer to hire someone who is already familiar with their organization.

4. Can I get paid for a 12-16 month internship?

Many internships offer compensation, although it can vary depending on the company, industry, and location. Some internships may offer a stipend, while others may offer a salary or hourly wage. It's essential to research and compare different internships to find one that offers fair compensation for your time and skills.

5. How can I make the most out of a 12-16 month internship?

To make the most out of your 12-16 month internship, it's important to set goals for yourself and communicate them to your supervisor. Take on challenging tasks, ask questions, and seek feedback to continuously improve and learn. Network with your colleagues and attend company events to make professional connections. Finally, reflect on your experience and document your accomplishments to showcase them on your resume in the future.