Would humanoid strength be comparable to elephant strength?

• Writing: Input Wanted
  • Thread starter caters
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Strength
In summary, Keplerians, a humanoid species, are incredibly strong and can carry up to three times their weight, including a black bear. However, it is unclear if their strength is comparable to that of an elephant. According to research, Asian elephants can haul 3-4 tonnes and lift a 300 kg log, but it is unknown if Keplerians possess similar strength. Additionally, it is unclear if Keplerians are the size of elephants, as their strength may be due to their compact muscle mass. Further investigation is needed to determine the extent of Keplerians' strength and their size in comparison to elephants.
caters
Keplerians, 1 of my humanoid species, are so strong, they can carry a bear with just their muscles.

Humanoid weight: 200 lbs with a lot of muscle mass
Black bear weight: up to 600 lbs, also very muscular

That means they can carry up to 3x their weight. That is very strong.

But would this strength be comparable to an elephant's strength?

Physics news on Phys.org
caters said:
Keplerians, 1 of my humanoid species, are so strong, they can carry a bear with just their muscles.

I wonder whether your Keplerians are best described as "bear loading", "load bearing" or "bear bearing" humanoids?

Likes omnipojack, Vanadium 50 and Bystander
Are Keplerians the size of elephants? I could carry a bear if I was 20 times larger.

Related to Would humanoid strength be comparable to elephant strength?

1. What factors contribute to an elephant's strength?

An elephant's strength is primarily determined by their size and muscle mass. They also have a unique skeletal structure and specialized muscles in their trunk, which are used for lifting and carrying heavy objects.

2. Can humans achieve the same level of strength as an elephant?

No, humans cannot achieve the same level of strength as an elephant. While humans have the capability to build muscle and increase strength through training, our skeletal structure and muscle composition are different from that of an elephant.

3. Are there any animals with strength comparable to elephants?

Yes, some animals such as gorillas and hippos have strength that is comparable to elephants. These animals also have large muscle mass and specialized muscles that contribute to their strength.

4. Would a humanoid with the same size and muscle mass as an elephant be equally strong?

It is difficult to determine as there are many other factors that contribute to strength besides size and muscle mass. Additionally, the skeletal structure and muscle composition of a humanoid would also play a role in their strength.

5. How does the strength of an elephant compare to that of a humanoid?

It is not possible to directly compare the strength of an elephant to that of a humanoid as there are many variables that affect strength. However, it is safe to say that an elephant's strength is much greater than that of a humanoid due to their unique physical characteristics.