Why Won't Physicsforums.com Load On My Computer?

• Thread starter Shoney45
  • Start date
In summary, if you are unable to load Physicsforums.com on your computer, it could be due to a variety of reasons such as a slow internet connection, browser compatibility issues, or server problems. It is recommended to try accessing the website on a different browser, clearing your cache and cookies, or restarting your device before seeking further assistance.
Shoney45
I keep on getting the following message:

This error (HTTP 501 Not Implemented or HTTP 505 Version Not Supported) means that the website you are visiting doesn't currently have the ability to display the webpage, or support the HTTP version used to request the page.

And I'm not nearly computer smart enough to understand what it means.

Physics news on Phys.org
What OS and browser are you using?

jhae2.718 said:
What OS and browser are you using?

Windows 7, and I just upgraded to I.E 9 to see of that would fix it,, but to no avail.

Shoney45 said:
Windows 7, and I just upgraded to I.E 9 to see of that would fix it,, but to no avail.

Are you getting 501 or 505 error?

As far as I can tell, I'm getting one or the other. Here is the exact text of the message when I press the "more information:" button.

This error (HTTP 501 Not Implemented or HTTP 505 Version Not Supported) means that the website you are visiting doesn't currently have the ability to display the webpage, or support the HTTP version used to request the page.

If physicsforums.com doesn't show up on your browser... then how are you posting here? :-p
Are you using a different browser or computer?

FtlIsAwesome said:
If physicsforums.com doesn't show up on your browser... then how are you posting here? :-p
Are you using a different browser or computer?

I'm using a different computer. Its my wife's laptop which she generally needs. Normally if I want to use physics forums, I have to go to the library. It'd be nice to use the website from my home computer where I dont' have to wait in line, and which is faster and more up to date. But...I'll do what I have to do.

Shoney45 said:
I'm totally out of my league about these errors, but I'm using Firefox 3.6.15 browser and things always run smooth. Just saying.

dlgoff said:
I'm totally out of my league about these errors, but I'm using Firefox 3.6.15 browser and things always run smooth. Just saying.

I downloaded Firefox to see what would happen. I still can't get it on my PC. The message I get with FF is:

GET to / not supported. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Just curious, but on the computer with the problem, have you tried an alternate browsers such as Firefox or Chrome? (This might help to see if the problem is isolated to IE)
^
Never mind, too late.

Can you visit other sites?

Do you have any anti virus software installed?

Have you spelled physicsforums.com right?

Related to Why Won't Physicsforums.com Load On My Computer?

1. Why is Physicsforums.com not loading on my computer?

There can be several reasons why Physicsforums.com is not loading on your computer. It could be due to a slow internet connection, server issues, or browser compatibility issues. It is also possible that the website is undergoing maintenance or updates.

2. How can I fix the issue of Physicsforums.com not loading on my computer?

First, try refreshing the webpage or clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If the issue persists, try using a different browser or device. You can also check with your internet service provider to ensure there are no connectivity issues on your end.

3. Is Physicsforums.com down for everyone, or just me?

You can check if Physicsforums.com is down for everyone by using a website monitoring tool such as DownForEveryoneOrJustMe.com. If the website is indeed down for everyone, you may need to wait for the issue to be resolved by the website's administrators.

4. Can my antivirus software be causing Physicsforums.com to not load?

In some cases, overzealous antivirus software can block certain websites from loading. You can temporarily disable your antivirus software and try accessing Physicsforums.com again. If the website loads successfully, you may need to adjust your antivirus settings to allow access to the website.

5. Why is Physicsforums.com loading slowly on my computer?

Slow loading times can be caused by a variety of factors, such as a large number of users on the website, heavy website traffic, or outdated browser or device. You can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or using a different browser to see if it improves the loading speed.