Who Reigns Supreme: Muggles or Wizards?

• Thread starter Sebastian Martinez
  • Start date
In summary, the muggles have the atomic bomb, so I don't think that Voldemort and Dumbledore are capable of handling that. The wizards didn't seem to have any weapons of mass destruction, and they would have had to fight a guerrilla war, and those are usually long, hard, and costly. Scenario: A dark wizard does the killing curse on someone in public. Eight or nine muggles pull firearms and waste him. That doesn't make them "smarter", I think, just more adept at innovating. I don't remember any instance where a wizard came up with a "new" spell in the HPverse. Sectumsempra (had to google for the spelling) was invented by snape
So, muggle science would be effective at countering wizard magic.

How would that work again?

Likes James Holland
Physics news on Phys.org
In the end, the winner is always going to be determined by the author. Whatever the scenario, there's always the potential for deus ex machina, whether via "science" or "because magic" to upend everything.

jackwhirl said:
In the end, the winner is always going to be determined by the author. Whatever the scenario, there's always the potential for deus ex machina, whether via "science" or "because magic" to upend everything.

Kill joy :)

jackwhirl said:
The aliens arrive and they're wizards. Game over for the muggle, who become auxiliary house elves, but without the perks.