Who is Sigrid? Exploring the Underrated Music of a Young Norwegian Artist

• Thread starter DennisN
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary: I don't know what to choose.I like alternative and classic rock with a few random songs sprinkled in.I like this song. Its really cute.This Requiem of Spirit version is too epic for this world.Let's bring back retro 70's!In summary, the very talented 21 year old Norwegian singer and songwriter Sigrid received a DMCA request to take down the previous "Best songs ever" thread, so she started a new one. She says she cannot pick a favorite song or artist, and that there are too many good songs to choose from. She lists some of her favorite songs and performers, including Boston, Japan, and Paul Simon. She finishes the summary by saying that harmony was a creation of the bar

Physics news on Phys.org
My last one for this week. Thanks for sharing videos.

pinball1970 said:
The Stockhausen track was VERY strange..

I read that the reason one of the MIDI patches is "helicopter" is because Stockhausen wrote for that "instrument!"

Likes Spinnor

Likes BWV
rokytnji said:
Me again. I got weird tastes.

Only thing weird is the remix, RL was a master

Aufbauwerk 2045 said:
. For those who are unfamiliar with Captain Beefheart, I hope you enjoy the introduction.

This was my introduction, and no doubt many others:

Likes david2
Not a bad way to spend 40 minutes

BWV said:
This was my introduction, and no doubt many others:

THX !

Likes BWV

Likes Spinnor
I am so stuck on a mathematics problem. Maybe we will need to wait for quantum computers. How are those coming along? Anyone working in that field? I don't know qubits from hobbits. Is quantum computing more or less realistic a prospect than nuclear fusion energy?

Time to have a coffee, listen to some good music, and then collapse into bed so I can get back at it tomorrow.

Hallo Kameraden, was gibt es? If you don't like Nena, I have some Heino.

Last edited by a moderator:

Likes Spinnor and Craftek_Ana
Gute Nacht, Kameraden. Good night, PF friends.

Likes Craftek_Ana
It's Thursday. I wave my hands in the air like I just don't care

DennisN said:
...and I am going to see the good rock band Monster Magnet live very soon in a pretty small club..
I've now seen Monster Magnet and they were very good, but it was loud, very loud :biggrin:, so I had to use earplugs. The audience was great and the atmosphere was great too, and I took a couple of pretty decent photos:

28459260008_826327559f_c.jpg

41609444654_e4c70b8054_c.jpg

42284645472_4e0566e00c_c.jpg

I have a pretty good camera on my phone, so I also filmed three songs live, maybe I'll post one later in the thread :smile:.

In the meantime, here's another song by the band:

Attachments

• 28459260008_826327559f_c.jpg
    28459260008_826327559f_c.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 274
  • 41609444654_e4c70b8054_c.jpg
    41609444654_e4c70b8054_c.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 301
  • 42284645472_4e0566e00c_c.jpg
    42284645472_4e0566e00c_c.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 285
A song about being 100 hundred years old, sung by a guy who is 100 years old.

Richard Clayderman at a piano store. Amazing.

Hindemith's "We Build a City" played by kids from a music camp in Switzerland.

Likes DennisN
Aufbauwerk 2045 said:
Richard Clayderman at a piano store. Amazing.

That was... Amazing!

Note to self: take up piano. The chorus to Titanic doesn't cut it, I probably don't even remember anymore! :D

Likes Aufbauwerk 2045

Likes Aufbauwerk 2045
Craftek_Ana said:

Very interesting. I never heard of him before, but I learned that he is very popular and also very controversial. Thanks to Google Translate I can more or less make out the lyrics. I will look for some more of his videos. Thanks.

Craftek_Ana said:
That was... Amazing!

Note to self: take up piano. The chorus to Titanic doesn't cut it, I probably don't even remember anymore! :D

I had some piano lessons when I was growing up, but was quite rusty in piano and music theory when I tried to take it up again as an adult. I found this book very helpful indeed. With this book, a fake book, and a keyboard, it's not so difficult. The main lesson I learned is that most of the work is in your mind. It does not take amazing finger gymnastics to be a good player. I realized that for me the key is to memorize a piece. When I can play it without looking at the sheet music, then I really know it and can play it well. I bought an electronic keyboard, which allowed me to plug in headphones and practice without disturbing anyone.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0671530674/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Likes Craftek_Ana
I am so happy I found this video.

Likes BWV
Aufbauwerk 2045 said:
I had some piano lessons when I was growing up, but was quite rusty in piano and music theory when I tried to take it up again as an adult. I found this book very helpful indeed. With this book, a fake book, and a keyboard, it's not so difficult. The main lesson I learned is that most of the work is in your mind. It does not take amazing finger gymnastics to be a good player. I realized that for me the key is to memorize a piece. When I can play it without looking at the sheet music, then I really know it and can play it well. I bought an electronic keyboard, which allowed me to plug in headphones and practice without disturbing anyone.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0671530674/?tag=pfamazon01-20
That is fascinating, I will definitely be looking into this.

Aufbauwerk 2045 said:
Very interesting. I never heard of him before, but I learned that he is very popular and also very controversial. Thanks to Google Translate I can more or less make out the lyrics. I will look for some more of his videos. Thanks.

That he is. While I don't agree with everything he represents, he is undoubtedly a legendary rock star; breaking world record in 2017 for his 40th year in music selling over a mind blowing quarter million tickets to the concert. Thank you for taking the time to translate the lyrics. Google translate butchered those pretty savagely because the song is oddly poetic about wanting more from life and besides containing a lot of subtext it trails off throughout the song. I will try my best to translate below if you care to read. To be honest though I much prefer softer 80s rock or music, like the music you post.

Translation if you care to read.

Even if it were easy
I wouldn't tell you

Can't stop
Now

Details are
What matters

Moments are
What mark

Everybody can be
Whatever he wants to be, you know

You can't lose
What you don't have

Have you ever thought about what you do
Have you ever looked what you are

You can't be distracted only when you wish/want

It's not enough for me, I want more

And those who say it's easy

Look at this
man is like this

If it was simple
I wouldn't be
Like this

I don't want to give up
I just won't

That's all

I won't be able to do it
But i think I will.

Even if it were simple
I wouldn't tell you

But you can choose
If you want
Everybody can be
whatever they want to be,

you know

You can't lose what you don't have

Have you ever got problems for what you are
Have you ever got problems for what you do

It's not enough for me, I want more.

Likes Aufbauwerk 2045

Likes Craftek_Ana
never really paid much attention to this song but I found myself playing it.

Craftek_Ana said:
That he is. While I don't agree with everything he represents, he is undoubtedly a legendary rock star; breaking world record in 2017 for his 40th year in music selling over a mind blowing quarter million tickets to the concert. Thank you for taking the time to translate the lyrics. Google translate butchered those pretty savagely because the song is oddly poetic about wanting more from life and besides containing a lot of subtext it trails off throughout the song. I will try my best to translate below if you care to read. To be honest though I much prefer softer 80s rock or music, like the music you post.

Translation if you care to read.

Even if it were easy
I wouldn't tell you

Can't stop
Now

Details are
What matters

Moments are
What mark

Everybody can be
Whatever he wants to be, you know

You can't lose
What you don't have

Have you ever thought about what you do
Have you ever looked what you are

It's not enough for me, I want more

And those who say it's easy

Look at this
man is like this

If it was simple
I wouldn't be
Like this

I don't want to give up
I just won't

That's all

I won't be able to do it
But i think I will.

Even if it were simple
I wouldn't tell you

But you can choose
If you want
Everybody can be
whatever they want to be,

you know

You can't lose what you don't have

Have you ever got problems for what you are
Have you ever got problems for what you do

It's not enough for me, I want more.

Thank you very much! This is better.

Actually, now that I can read a good translation, I can say this song expresses how I often feel about life.

If I had unlimited time I would like to learn Italian. I actually made a start last year. At least the pronunciation doesn't seem very difficult, aside from "gli." I am going to post another one of my favorite videos, which happens to be in Italian.

This is a video in Italian of Hindemith's We Build a City. The lyrics are available online, but I think it hardly needs translation.

Strangely, I have not found a German version.

Likes Aufbauwerk 2045