Who is Sigrid? Exploring the Underrated Music of a Young Norwegian Artist

• Thread starter DennisN
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary: I don't know what to choose.I like alternative and classic rock with a few random songs sprinkled in.I like this song. Its really cute.This Requiem of Spirit version is too epic for this world.Let's bring back retro 70's!In summary, the very talented 21 year old Norwegian singer and songwriter Sigrid received a DMCA request to take down the previous "Best songs ever" thread, so she started a new one. She says she cannot pick a favorite song or artist, and that there are too many good songs to choose from. She lists some of her favorite songs and performers, including Boston, Japan, and Paul Simon. She finishes the summary by saying that harmony was a creation of the bar

Physics news on Phys.org
A great song from 1971 - One Fine Morning - by Canadian group Lighthouse

Live version - not to old to rock and roll in 2013

Studio version

Likes david2

Slipknot - Unsainted [OFFICIAL VIDEO]​

Joey Jordison, a founding member of Slipknot, who drummed for the influential metal band in its most popular period and helped write many of its best-known songs, has died Monday at age 46, his family said.

Slipknot - All Out Life [OFFICIAL VIDEO]​

Wow, possibly the most subjective thread ever seen on a science forum. Alright, I'll bite.
Currently, I like this one.

Not for everyone, I suspect. Helps my imagination run wild. Love the foreign language, - the intended lyric content does not interfere with my own fantasies the slightest bit.

Stumbled across this oldie on youtube, was a bop back in 2012 😂

Likes Spinnor
kaiatiuw said:
Wow, possibly the most subjective thread ever seen on a science forum. Alright, I'll bite.
Is Summertime objective enough for you.

Likes Spinnor
summertime level 10

Likes BWV

Doc Watson - Summertime​

The Jamies - Summertime, Summertime (Audio)​

Janis Joplin version:

Likes morrobay and Spinnor
Good stuff. I love some of these oldies here. Compared to the things I like from today, they frequently win, because they have that thing they used to call "class". Like when you watch old version of "Hit the road, Jack".
Here is more oldies:

I like this one sang by Ella Fitzgerald as well, but it sounds better to me in Yiddish. Just wish there was a video of them performing when they were young.

Yiddish! I always wondered why the German was pronounced badly.

There are so many songs (millions?) that picking the best is maybe silly. But I'll go for Mr. Tambourine Man. The Byrds version especially.

Likes morrobay

New Carcass \M/

Well, not easy because there is sooooo much great music. Since a long long time I love Dinosaur Jr. Here a little introduction to a recent song, and no panic: It is officially from the bands channel, it is the official video. :cool:

Dinsosaur rocks forever!

• Love
Likes BWV and Omega0

Likes BWV
@ergospherical

I don't know if you know but on the right you can see an LP with "Th" and I am pretty sure that it is from "The Smith" the song "The Charming Man", which is a really nice one.
Enjoy!

This is so dreamy. 😂

Likes Omega0
Great song from earlier this year by the talented German musician Roosevelt.
I like quite many of his songs, but this is my favorite. Splendid sound and arrangement, in my opinion.

Roosevelt - Easy Way Out
And this song, "Forget", is also from the same album released this year. It caught my attention, since it starts as somewhat lo-fi, and halfway into the song, the drums suddenly come in and make it more hi-fi. Quite effective arrangement.

Roosevelt - Forget

Last edited: