Which final year project should i choose as an Eng undrgrad?

In summary, the speaker is a 6th semester Electrical and Electronics engineering student who will have to choose a topic or project for their final year. They are interested in pursuing graduate studies in physics but their university does not offer physics courses. They are looking for a project that relates to physics and math, but also has practical applications and will help them in their future studies. They do not want to focus on robotics, programming, or renewable energy, and are considering quantum dots but have not found a suitable application. They are seeking suggestions for a project that will help them prepare for their future studies.
Rad0n
I am doing Electrical and Electronics engineering. I am current in my 6th sem (8 in total). From the 7th sem i would have to choose a topic/project for my final year, which will go on till the end of the course. I want to pursue physics as my graduate studies. I have been trying to think of some project which will relate to physics and some maths too, as i also read about it in "Do you want to be a physicist" thread.

My university doesn't offer physics courses and isn't very good for research too. So i want some topic which will be in the realm of applied physics but which will help me later in my graduate studies too. I don't want to do some robotics, programming, or renewable energy because that won't relate to pure physics. Also, since i am just an undergrad, the target shouldn't be something so radical and revolutionary, that i would never be able to achieve.. i was looking into quantum dots but i couldn't find a suitable application i could work on.
All suggestions will be appreciated. i just want to use the last year of my engineering to prepare for further studies.

Physics news on Phys.org
First, if you haven't taken any physics courses, you are going to have a hard time getting into graduate school for physics, regardless of the nature of your final engineering project.

Second, part of the exercise of such projects is to come up with the idea yourself. A good place to start for inspiration is to look at the successful projects from previous years.

Related to Which final year project should i choose as an Eng undrgrad?

1. What are some important factors to consider when choosing a final year project as an Engineering undergrad?

Some important factors to consider include your interests and strengths, the availability of resources and support, the relevance of the project to your field of study, and the potential impact of the project.

2. How do I determine the scope and feasibility of a potential final year project?

To determine the scope and feasibility of a potential project, you can start by conducting research on similar projects, consulting with your professors and peers, and considering the time and resources you have available.

3. Should I choose a project that aligns with my future career goals?

While it can be beneficial to choose a project that aligns with your career goals, it is not necessary. You can still gain valuable skills and experience from a project that may not directly align with your future career plans.

4. How important is it to choose a unique and innovative project?

While choosing a unique and innovative project can make your final year project stand out, it is not the only aspect to consider. Your project should also be feasible, relevant, and align with your interests and strengths.

5. Can I work on a final year project with a team or should I work on it independently?

This ultimately depends on the requirements and guidelines set by your university. Some universities may allow group projects, while others may require individual projects. It is important to clarify this with your professors before starting your project.