Where to buy premeasured, precut, prebent breadboard wire?

In summary, premeasured, precut, prebent breadboard wire can be purchased from various online retailers such as Amazon, Adafruit, and SparkFun. These wires are convenient for electronic projects and come in different lengths and colors to suit different needs. They are also available at local electronics stores and hobby shops. It is important to make sure that the wire is compatible with the breadboard and the project before purchasing.
LongApple
At various lengths and the ends already bent at right angles?

Engineering news on Phys.org
I would be astonished if you could. It could not come in "premeasured" lengths; the number of possible lengths needed for even a modestly-sized breadboard would be enormous.

Why would you want to? Surely a roll of wire and a pair of cutters is infinitely simpler.

Basically want to shorten time in lab significantly cutting wires and then realizing I am a bit too short or a bit too long if I want to stay relatively flat, neat, and compact. And use more straight flat wire connections than large rainbow archs.

It is true that the number of lengths are great but for densely packed and relatively simple breadboards you may use lengths of 2,3,4,5,6, 7 pretty often

I know I could sit down for a few hours and try to crank out some wire lengths

Perhaps not wires but solid plastic or rectangular shapes of this exist?

I feel like something like this should exist. If no one has heard of it here, I might look around a bit more often

If anyone would like to say "do it yourself/get better at eyeballing/cutting fast" I can't disagree with that at all and of course that it was I am doing now but I'd appreciate it if that wouldn't be posted here so I can continue the search and the forum thread doesn't autodie at the first "just get better at cutting" message.

LongApple said:
Basically want to shorten time in lab significantly cutting wires and then realizing I am a bit too short or a bit too long if I want to stay relatively flat, neat, and compact. And use more straight flat wire connections than large rainbow archs.

It is true that the number of lengths are great but for densely packed and relatively simple breadboards you may use lengths of 2,3,4,5,6, 7 pretty often

I know I could sit down for a few hours and try to crank out some wire lengths

Perhaps not wires but solid plastic or rectangular shapes of this exist?

I feel like something like this should exist. If no one has heard of it here, I might look around a bit more often

If anyone would like to say "do it yourself/get better at eyeballing/cutting fast" I can't disagree with that at all and of course that it was I am doing now but I'd appreciate it if that wouldn't be posted here so I can continue the search and the forum thread doesn't autodie at the first "just get better at cutting" message.

What's the matter? You can't train a lab monkey or graduate student to prepare your wire for you? ;)

with one of those spring-loaded clamp-and-strip tools, creating your own is pretty trivial

phinds said:
with one of those spring-loaded clamp-and-strip tools, creating your own is pretty trivial

1. Is there another name for that?

2. What allows the thing you mentioned to reliably create same length stripped wires and bent 90 degree metal ends?

upload_2015-2-1_20-6-22.png

It doesn't bend the ends and to get the length to what you want YOU have to do the precise cutting. all the tool does is make the stripping very fast, accurate, and reliable.

This one doesn't have a plastic clamps that mine has but I think the metal does the same gripping job:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BC39YFQ/?tag=pfamazon01-20

EDIT: Oh, and I just realized that this one also does not have the stop. Mine has an adjustable stop, so all you have to do is stick the wire in 'til it butts up against the stop, squeeze the handles and you're done. You get the same amount of insulation removed every time and it's guaranteed not to nick the wire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Where to buy premeasured, precut, prebent breadboard wire?

1. Where can I find premeasured, precut, prebent breadboard wire?

Premeasured, precut, prebent breadboard wire can be found at most electronics stores, as well as online retailers such as Amazon and SparkFun.

2. What are the benefits of using premeasured, precut, prebent breadboard wire?

The main benefit of using premeasured, precut, prebent breadboard wire is convenience. It saves time and effort in measuring, cutting, and bending wires, and ensures a neater and more organized circuit.

3. Are there different sizes and types of premeasured, precut, prebent breadboard wire available?

Yes, there are different sizes and types of premeasured, precut, prebent breadboard wire available to accommodate various breadboard sizes and circuit designs. Some may also come in different colors for easier identification.

4. Can I reuse premeasured, precut, prebent breadboard wire?

Yes, premeasured, precut, prebent breadboard wire can be reused as long as they are not damaged or bent beyond repair. It is recommended to have a few extra wires on hand in case they need to be replaced.

5. Is it more expensive to buy premeasured, precut, prebent breadboard wire compared to regular wire?

Generally, premeasured, precut, prebent breadboard wire may be slightly more expensive than regular wire, but the convenience and time saved may be worth the extra cost. It is also possible to cut and bend regular wire yourself if you have the tools and skills.