How to use the arduino breadboard syb 46?

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with understanding how to use an Arduino breadboard model. The person has watched videos but found none for this specific model. They are frustrated and seeking help to begin working on their Arduino. A helpful explanation is provided, along with a tip to search for "breadboard layout" on Google images for more information.
ivyacheslav
Hello , everyone! Recently I've bought the arduino board with the arduino breadboard syb 46
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4BDjpN_PwarV3VJMU84R2RUS0E/view?usp=sharing.The problem is I don't understand how to use it. I can't understand the scheme of this model of breadboard, where is plus and minus, where is ground , etc. I've already watched a lot of videos about arduino breadboards on youtube but I found no videos about this arduino breadboard model I 'm asking about help, because the absence of needed information very frustrates me so I can't begin to work on arduino

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Hello Ivy and welcome...

In your link - all of the top single row ( 20 points) is one common connection ( frequently called a bus) - then all of the bottom row is another.

Then each vertical column of 5 ( not 10) is each a common connection. Each black line is a separate "bus" or connection. I only did 3 of the columns - you should get the point.

Most commonly the top and bottom rows are used as the DC + and DC - bus, for basic circuits.

upload_2015-3-9_13-37-43.png

Edit - a google image search for " breadboard layout " works well. You will see they are not all identical - but pretty much all have the same concept.

Last edited:
When you wire these types of breadboards up you will want to check that the top and bottom bus bars are connected all of the way through. Sometimes the bus bars are wired into multiple separate domains. I believe in this case they are continuous.

BoB

Related to How to use the arduino breadboard syb 46?

1. How do I connect my Arduino to the breadboard?

To connect your Arduino to the breadboard, you will need to use male-to-male jumper wires. Insert one end of the jumper wire into an output pin on the Arduino and the other end into a hole on the breadboard. Repeat this for each connection you need to make.

2. How do I power my breadboard using an Arduino?

You can power your breadboard using the Arduino's 5V and ground pins. Connect a male-to-male jumper wire from the 5V pin on the Arduino to the positive rail on the breadboard, and another wire from the ground pin to the negative rail. This will provide power to your breadboard for any components you connect.

3. How do I add components to my breadboard?

To add components to your breadboard, start by identifying which holes are connected. Components are typically placed in a row on the breadboard, with one leg in each connected hole. Make sure to refer to your breadboard's diagram to ensure proper placement of components.

4. How do I use the breadboard to prototype my circuit?

The breadboard is a great tool for prototyping your circuit before permanently soldering components. You can use the breadboard to easily connect and disconnect components while testing your circuit's functionality. Once you have finalized your design, you can transfer it to a permanent circuit board.

5. Can I reuse my breadboard for different circuits?

Yes, you can reuse your breadboard for different circuits. To start a new circuit, simply remove all components and wires from the breadboard and start fresh. It's important to always double check your connections before powering on your circuit to avoid any potential damage to your components.