Where Can I Find the Penrose Lecture Link Mentioned in the Forum?

In summary, during a conversation about a Penrose lecture, a member provided a link to the lecture in either the General Relativity or Cosmology threads. The lecture is from November 2005 at Cambridge and features handrawn diagrams on a whiteboard. The member had previously recommended this lecture and others also provided resources for further study.
Sparky_
Greetings,

In one of these threads, somebody commenting on the original thread provided a link to a Penrose lecture.

I now cannot find which thread it was in.

I'm also not sure - it was either in Genral Relativity or Cosmology threads.

Does this ring a bell with anybody.

What I'm looking for is the web address that has this lecture.

I recall clicking on the web link and it started with what looked like a dry erase board full of notes.

Thanks
-Sparky_

Physics news on Phys.org
Sparky_ said:
Greetings,

In one of these threads, somebody commenting on the original thread provided a link to a Penrose lecture.

I now cannot find which thread it was in.

I'm also not sure - it was either in Genral Relativity or Cosmology threads.

Ive several times recommended a lecture he gave November 2005 at Cambridge, which is online

http://www.Newton.cam.ac.uk/webseminars/pg+ws/2005/gmr/gmrw04/1107/penrose/

it does look like a "white board" with handrawn diagrams with colored marker

if you click and wait a few seconds he will begin talking and the slides will change in synch with his talk
(this is a good format)

they are actually Penrose transparencies, I saw him give the same talk in Berkeley in 2006 with the same transparencies (even though they look like drawn on a whiteboard.

maybe this is what you were remembering, Sparky. I learned of the Cambridge online version from Alejandro Rivero.

Last edited:
Marcus - This is the one I was looking for!

Thanks so much

Also thank you - Turbo -1 , George Jones!

You have given me more to look at and study. - good stuff.

Thanks again

Related to Where Can I Find the Penrose Lecture Link Mentioned in the Forum?

1. What is the purpose of the Penrose Lecture Link Search?

The Penrose Lecture Link Search is a tool designed to help researchers and scientists easily find and access lecture materials from the famous mathematician Sir Roger Penrose.

2. How does the Penrose Lecture Link Search work?

The Penrose Lecture Link Search uses natural language processing and machine learning algorithms to analyze lecture titles and descriptions, and then matches them with relevant links and resources.

3. Is the Penrose Lecture Link Search only limited to lectures by Sir Roger Penrose?

No, the Penrose Lecture Link Search also includes lectures by other renowned mathematicians and scientists who have referenced or collaborated with Sir Roger Penrose.

4. Is the Penrose Lecture Link Search free to use?

Yes, the Penrose Lecture Link Search is completely free to use for anyone with an internet connection. There are no subscription fees or hidden charges.

5. Can I contribute to the Penrose Lecture Link Search database?

Yes, the Penrose Lecture Link Search is an open platform and welcomes contributions from scientists and researchers. You can submit lecture links and resources through the website for review and inclusion in the database.