What is the probability of Multi-Dimensional Entities?

• Thread starter Intropersona
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Probability
In summary, the conversation discusses the probability of consciousness existing in higher or lower dimensions and the believability of this concept in the scientific community. The conclusion is that there is no way to accurately determine the probability and it is ultimately up to the author's discretion in storytelling.
Intropersona
Supposing M-theory to be accurate, in your opinion what could be the probability of a form of consciousness (conceivable by the human mind or to the contrary) existing in any higher or lower dimensions.

Alongside the thought of them taking a human form such as that seen in MIB 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
This is one of those "what are rules when there are no rules" questions. The only answer is "probability is whatever author wants it to be for the story they are creating".

I'd guess that it's greater than or equal to zero. There is absolutely no way to know the probability of consciousness existing in other dimensions.

Linguistically fair comment, I shal rephrase my question.

What might be the believability among the scientific community of such a circumstance. Is this an outrageous proposition or is it somewhat of a likelihood?

It isn't something I have noticed very often and I question weather there might be some underlying reason for that that I have not considered yet.

Intropersona said:
Linguistically fair comment, I shal rephrase my question.

What might be the believability among the scientific community of such a circumstance. Is this an outrageous proposition or is it somewhat of a likelihood?
In that case, it definitely would be less than or equal to 0.

Although, in a strickly mathematical and logical sense, it would be actually less than or equal to 1, which I suspect, puts either back in the same usefulness as Drakkith's answer above ;)

Related to What is the probability of Multi-Dimensional Entities?

1. What is a Multi-Dimensional Entity?

A Multi-Dimensional Entity is a hypothetical being that exists in more than three dimensions. This concept is often explored in science fiction and theoretical physics.

2. How is probability calculated for Multi-Dimensional Entities?

The probability of Multi-Dimensional Entities is not currently calculable as there is no scientific evidence or consensus on their existence. It is purely speculative at this point.

3. Are Multi-Dimensional Entities possible within our current understanding of physics?

Some theories in physics, such as string theory, suggest the possibility of extra dimensions. However, there is no conclusive evidence to support the existence of Multi-Dimensional Entities within our current understanding of physics.

4. Can Multi-Dimensional Entities interact with our three-dimensional world?

This is a topic of much speculation and debate. Some theories, like the popular "flatland" analogy, suggest that Multi-Dimensional Entities would be unable to interact with our three-dimensional world in a meaningful way. Others propose that they could potentially interact through gravitational forces.

5. Is there any scientific research being done on Multi-Dimensional Entities?

At this time, there is very little scientific research being conducted on Multi-Dimensional Entities as they are still considered a purely theoretical concept. However, some scientists are exploring the possibility of extra dimensions and their potential implications on our understanding of the universe.