What Can We Expect from The Mandalorian: Season 2?

• Thread starter etotheipi
  • Start date
In summary, the second season of The Mandalorian is highly anticipated with the release date of October 30th. There is speculation about appearances from Ahsoka Tano and Boba Fett, as well as the potential for the return of some Star Wars characters such as Sabine Wren and Palpatine. The Darksaber is also a key plot point, with Moff Gideon possibly using it to create an army of force-sensitive clones. Additionally, there is the possibility of a younger Luke Skywalker and the Jedi Temple making an appearance. The first season set a small-scale episodic format, but it is hoped that the second season will have a more overarching structure.
I've just finished season 2 of the The Mandalorian and I have to say I quite enjoyed it.

I think the two last episodes were among the best, with enjoyable and fun action.
I was quite impressed by the performance of Bill Burr (comedian) in episode 15 (and also the writing for the character).

The series also gets an extra plus from me for the occasional humor which I think was well balanced and well timed in general. All in all, I found it quite enjoyable.

Last edited:
Likes ergospherical and Hamiltonian
Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, Bill Burr had some insane acting chops in that imperial cafeteria scene

Anyone got around to episode 1 of book of boba yet?

Likes DennisN and Hamiltonian
ergospherical said:

Anyone got around to episode 1 of book of boba yet?
I watched ep1. little disappointed with the way they showed boba's escape from the Sarlacc pit(they made it look very easy), but other wise it was pretty good.

I thought we'd get at least an episode for that, and maybe Dengar, but on the whole I liked it too. It was funny how the Tusken leader immediately called BS on the Tusken youngling killing the stop-motion sand monster, and just silently slipped Boba a drink.

I'm hoping there are some more bounty hunters in the next few episodes. I would like to see Cad Bane, considering that the Clone Wars episode in which Boba Fett bested him in the duel never aired, so technically isn't canon (?)...

ergospherical said:
It was funny how the Tusken leader immediately called BS on the Tusken youngling killing the stop-motion sand monster, and just silently slipped Boba a drink.

I'm hoping there are some more bounty hunters in the next few episodes. I would like to see Cad Bane, considering that the Clone Wars episode in which Boba Fett bested him in the duel never aired, so technically isn't canon (?)...
I didn’t notice that the youngling attempted to claim credit for the killing 🤣

I’ve heard that Cad Bane will make an appearance? I haven’t gotten to ep3 yet, but I’m sure it’s great.

Fervent Freyja said:
I haven’t gotten to ep3 yet, but I’m sure it’s great.
Ugh. The series so far (ep1 and ep2) has a kind of 'young adult' feeling, but on the better side of it. The third .. well, has some good points, but the CGI just killed it on the spot.
Motion blur won't do any good for snails.

Luckily, episode 4 is a strong return to form after all of the weird power ranger stuff in episode 3...

Rive said:
Ugh. The series so far (ep1 and ep2) has a kind of 'young adult' feeling, but on the better side of it. The third .. well, has some good points, but the CGI just killed it on the spot.
Motion blur won't do any good for snails.
I enjoy the corniness of the CGI and I think that it’s intentional. Both shows are unique and I think they have had a lot of production talent. I’m also enjoying how there is more sentiment behind this show, something that they didn’t achieve as much as they could have with the Mandalorian.

ergospherical said:
Luckily, episode 4 is a strong return to form after all of the weird power ranger stuff in episode 3...
WHY HAS BOBA BECOME SUCH A SOFTIE??!

ep 4 had some really cool slave I action, and yay they brought back Krrsantan! but something still seems kinda off with Boba:confused:

Likes ergospherical
Fervent Freyja said:
I’ve heard that Cad Bane will make an appearance? I haven’t gotten to ep3 yet, but I’m sure it’s great.
Looking at the story so far in Season1 I think its unlikely to see Cad, we might get a cameo of Maul considering the current arc with the Pykes.

Although I would really look forward to a future arc with Omega and Cad!(maybe we could get a mention of the famous dent on Boba's Helmet?)

Likes Fervent Freyja and ergospherical
Hamiltonian299792458 said:
Looking at the story so far in Season1 I think its unlikely to see Cad, we might get a cameo of Maul considering the current arc with the Pykes.
I mean, the Pykes could also reasonably be employing Cad, which would be a nice excuse for Filoni to re-create that deleted scene of the Cad/Boba duel from the Clone Wars. :oldeyes:

But the confrontation between Krrsantan and the trandoshans seems more likely to be setting up a showdown with Bossk

Likes Fervent Freyja and Hamiltonian
Hamiltonian299792458 said:
WHY HAS BOBA BECOME SUCH A SOFTIE??!

ep 4 had some really cool slave I action, and yay they brought back Krrsantan! but something still seems kinda off with Boba:confused:
Boba definitely earned a powerful ally by releasing Krrsantan instead of killing him. I expect him to come charging into save the day in later episodes!

ergospherical said:
I mean, the Pykes could also reasonably be employing Cad, which would be a nice excuse for Filoni to re-create that deleted scene of the Cad/Boba duel from the Clone Wars. :oldeyes:
I think that it might be the other way around, with Cad in charge. Couldn’t he be the one who really ordered the assassination attempt? It makes sense.

Episode 5, just dropped and imo it has to be the best episode of the season(so far that is, I heard we are in for a surprise in the season finale), I think I just missed mando, it's nice to have him back.
But more over the episode was jam-packed with so many cool Easter eggs all the way from the purge of Mandalore to The Phantom Menace.

we'll also see Grogu next episode which is going to be amazing! maybe we can also get a glimpse of Luke?

The best episode of The Book of Boba Fett so far doesn't give a single second of screen-time to Boba Fett. :oldlaugh:

• Haha
Likes Hamiltonian
Fervent Freyja said:
I’ve heard that Cad Bane will make an appearance?
ergospherical said:
I mean, the Pykes could also reasonably be employing Cad:oldeyes:
yall were right!
Cad looks pretty terrifying in live action(it's most probably because of the teeth, I think they changed em up a bit).
I am really looking forward to a Boba and Cad duel, which we will most probably get in the season finale!

Likes ergospherical
I really enjoyed watching the training montage. So many details, even stuff like Luke's little front-flip c.f. ESB. The Order 66 flashback was dope. At first I thought one of the Jedi was Cin Drallig, but watching it back I don't think that's the case.

The duel at the end was really well shot too. Cad's face looked a little bit round, but boy did the prosthetics team do a good job with the look. Same goes for Luke; de-aging tech these days is insane!

Here's hoping that Grogu does the smart thing and continues his training.
Oh, and I really hope Fett goes full beast-mode in the last ep. None of his appearances have yet matched his introduction v. stormtroopers in the Mandalorian, IMO.

Likes Hamiltonian
ergospherical said:
Cad's face looked a little bit round

The edit looks much better!
But hey, he probably put on a few pounds over the years, Bounty huntin ain' no easy biz😜

• Love
Likes ergospherical
ergospherical said:
I agree. And I think that scene is one of the most powerful I've seen in Star Wars, actually.
For a short period they went a bit "Stanley Kubrick" there, I'd say.
And that scene seems to be praised highly by fans in general (I post the scene in a spoiler below):

The Mandalorian - Mayfeld: "How 'bout a toast to Operation Cinder?"

And here's a funny interview with Bill Burr (who initially actually didn't like Star Wars very much) in which he praises the professionalism when filming The Mandalorian (at 2:45 and onwards, please note there is also some foul language in the interview :smile:):

How Bill Burr Renounced His Star Wars Hate & Got Cast in The Mandalorian

Likes Hamiltonian and ergospherical
RIP Cad[62BBY-9ABY],
gone but never forgotten.🥀

Likes ergospherical
I had some real mixed feelings about this one. There were some moments I really, really liked: the bit when Fett and Mando blasted into the air and started unloading on those poor Pykes, the sequence with Fett wreaking King-Kong-style havoc on the Rancor, and the short scene near the end when Shand assassinates the rival faction leaders one by one.

But I can't help but feel a fair bit underwhelmed? I get that Cad Bane's grown old and all, but all he really got were three nearly identical stand-off set pieces before being unceremoniously disposed of. In the end I was rooting for Bane to win, in the hopes that this was just a tease for a larger conflict in a future episode. I thought the sequence with the Droideka-thingys was silly: half the episode seemed like the heroes and the Free-Town-ers were just shooting at the shields to no avail. And overall I didn't feel any tension or actual desperation?

Maybe I'm being a little bit too critical... all things considered, I still enjoyed the show (even if the ending was a bit lack-lustre).

1644427479680.png

Likes Hamiltonian

I agree! the whole bit with the Droideka's was imo pointless(maybe they just needed a reason to bring out the Rancor), also after the first interaction between Cad and Fett, Cad just walked away! what was he doing during the whole ep?! In their second interaction I was really rooting for Cad, I thought he might loose but he will get away, as he always does.

I really wish it was Cad in the bacta tank instead of Cobb Vanth(hope you watched the post credit scene), but that would have never happened. I just want more of live action Cad bane😭

But all things considered the show was fun, and I look forward to season 2 & season 3 of mando

Likes ergospherical
Yeah, that one of the the trippiest bits. Paraphrasing:

bane: "let the spice flow"
fett: "no"
bane: "okay have a nice day" [leaves]

• Haha
Likes Hamiltonian
1645328779401.png

• Haha
Likes DennisN and ergospherical
Speaking of Kenobi, I trust you've already seen this beautiful specimen of a poster:

1645369871870.png

• Love
Likes DennisN and Hamiltonian
To fans of The Mandalorian and those eagerly awaiting Obi-Wan Kenobi, here's a little present:

Ewan McGregor & Pedro Pascal | Actors on Actors - Full Conversation

(I wonder what season 2 of Kenobi will be called. Obi-Two?)

Likes ergospherical
DennisN said:
(I wonder what season 2 of Kenobi will be called. Obi-Two?)
As far as I know, it's a limited series (of six hour-long episodes). Unless it's insanely successful, doesn't seem like there'll be more. :olduhh:

Back