What are the implications of photon entanglement in a thought experiment?

• Thread starter Steve Blandford
  • Start date
In summary, photon entanglement is a phenomenon where two particles become connected in a way that their properties are correlated, even when they are separated by great distances. In a thought experiment, this concept has implications for the fundamental understanding of quantum mechanics and the concept of non-locality, where changes in one particle can instantaneously affect the other. This has sparked debates about the nature of reality and the potential for faster-than-light communication. The implications of photon entanglement in a thought experiment also have practical applications in quantum computing and cryptography.
Steve Blandford
How did you find PF?
Google
I have loved the sciences since a young ladd. I have done the experimentation thing most of my life. But never got into school with it. I have been an electrical and mechanical technician most of my adult life and a tinkerer all of my life. I love thought experiments and have thought of one that has bothered me for a couple of weeks. I found this place to maybe throw it in the pot and see how it stirs. Thanks for putting up this forum I think I will enjoy is a lot.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Steve. When you post your thought experiment in the Physics section, try to post links to the reading you have done so far about it. That helps a lot in our targeting the responses to help you the best.

Enjoy the PF! :smile:

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF, Steve. When you post your thought experiment in the Physics section, try to post links to the reading you have done so far about it. That helps a lot in our targeting the responses to help you the best.

Enjoy the PF! :smile:
OK thanks. My reading are long lost in my mind. I really could not pull anything out. I do remember things such as time stops at the speed of light. But where I got that is lost to the ether. Lol. This is no excuse. Just perhaps a reason.