What are my chances to go into physics?

In summary, to pursue a career in physics, it is important to have a strong foundation in math and science, a bachelor's degree in physics or a related field, and possibly a graduate degree. Prior research experience is not always necessary but can be beneficial. Job prospects for physicists are generally good, but competition can be high. While strong computer skills are helpful, they are not necessary for success in physics. Important personal qualities for a career in physics include critical thinking, creativity, curiosity, perseverance, and a willingness to learn and adapt.
med17k
Hi , I'm a 4th year medical student but I don't want to do medicine anymore , actually I want to do electrical engineering or theoretical physics in the United States .I'm 20 years old now and not a USA citizen . what are my chances? Can an american university accept some one like me?
I also do not have american high school diploma

Physics news on Phys.org
I have nothing else to contribute to this thread except for this tiny 'wow'. So, 'wow'. (uni at sixteen?!)

Thy Apathy said:
I have nothing else to contribute to this thread except for this tiny 'wow'. So, 'wow'. (uni at sixteen?!)

At seventeen .

Related to What are my chances to go into physics?

1. What educational background do I need to have in order to pursue a career in physics?

In order to go into physics, you will need to have a strong foundation in mathematics and science, particularly in physics and calculus. A bachelor's degree in physics or a related field is typically required, and many students go on to earn a graduate degree in physics or a specialized subfield.

2. Is it necessary to have prior research experience to enter into the field of physics?

While research experience can be beneficial, it is not always necessary to have prior experience in order to enter into the field of physics. Many students gain research experience during their undergraduate or graduate studies, but there are also opportunities to participate in research as a postdoc or even as a career physicist.

3. What are the job prospects for physicists?

The job prospects for physicists are generally good, with a variety of opportunities available in both academia and industry. Physicists can work in research and development, teaching, government agencies, and more. However, competition for jobs can be high, so it is important to have a strong educational background and relevant experience.

4. Do I need to have strong computer skills to be successful in physics?

While having strong computer skills can be helpful in certain areas of physics, it is not necessary to be an expert in computer programming or coding. However, having some basic understanding of programming and being comfortable with using computers for data analysis and simulations can be beneficial.

5. What personal qualities are important for a career in physics?

In addition to a strong educational background, there are a few personal qualities that can be beneficial for a career in physics. These include critical thinking skills, creativity, curiosity, and perseverance. A willingness to learn and adapt to new ideas and technologies is also important in this field.