What are different terms of flight controllers?

In summary: Also, how these specs matter, like what is the effect of increase in Magintude or Frequency of different parameters which will help me buy a flight controller for a quadcopter. I want to build a FPV for racing.You need to show a *lot* more effort in showing us what you have been reading. There is no way we can help, unless we understand what you have been reading and learning. Please post links to the reading you have been doing, and ask *specific* questions about that reading. You need to tell us what you want to optimize in your quadcopter controls and why.
Aashish sarode
can anybody please tell me terminology of flight controller and it's specifications. Also, how these specs matter, like what is the effect of increase in Magintude or Frequency of different parameters which will help me buy a flight controller for a quadcopter. I want to build a FPV for racing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Aashish sarode said:
can anybody please tell me terminology of flight controller and it's specifications. ALSO HOW THESE SPECS MATTER ,LIKE WHAT IS THE EFFECT OF INCREASE IN MAGNITUDE OR FREQUENCY of different parameters which will help me buy a flight controller for a quadcopter. I want to build a FPV for racing.
what research have you done so far?

I have gone through the net content. But I don't understand it properly.The things like loop time, frequency modulation,refresh rate and stuff like that is not understandable for me so I need complete terminology of different specifications of flight controller.please

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread closed temporarily for Moderation...

Aashish sarode said:
can anybody please tell me terminology of flight controller and it's specifications. Also, how these specs matter, like what is the effect of increase in Magintude or Frequency of different parameters which will help me buy a flight controller for a quadcopter. I want to build a FPV for racing.
Aashish sarode said:
I have gone through the net content. But I don't understand it properly.The things like loop time, frequency modulation,refresh rate and stuff like that is not understandable for me so I need complete terminology of different specifications of flight controller.please
Thread re-opened after some cleanup.

@Aashish sarode -- You need to show a *lot* more effort in showing us what you have been reading. There is no way we can help, unless we understand what you have been reading and learning. Please post links to the reading you have been doing, and ask *specific* questions about that reading. You need to tell us what you want to optimize in your quadcopter controls and why.

Here is a good tutorial page about learning to fly quadcopters and using their controls:

http://www.droneybee.com/how-to-fly-a-quadcopter/
https://i1.wp.com/www.droneybee.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Transmitter-Marked-New.jpg?resize=810,526
Transmitter-Marked-New.jpg

Related to What are different terms of flight controllers?

1. What is a flight controller?

A flight controller is a device that controls the flight of an aircraft, including its speed, direction, and altitude. It is typically located in the cockpit of the aircraft and is operated by the pilot or co-pilot.

2. What are the different types of flight controllers?

There are several types of flight controllers, including mechanical, hydraulic, and electronic. Mechanical flight controllers use cables and pulleys to control the aircraft, while hydraulic controllers use fluid pressure. Electronic flight controllers use computers to process and control the aircraft's movements.

3. How do flight controllers work?

Flight controllers work by receiving input from the pilot or autopilot system and then translating that input into commands for the aircraft's control surfaces, such as the rudder, elevators, and ailerons. These commands adjust the aircraft's attitude and movement, allowing it to maintain a stable flight.

4. What are the main functions of a flight controller?

The main functions of a flight controller include maintaining the aircraft's stability and controlling its movements, managing engine power and fuel consumption, and providing navigation and guidance information to the pilot. It also monitors and alerts the pilot of any potential issues or malfunctions during the flight.

5. How do flight controllers contribute to aircraft safety?

Flight controllers play a crucial role in ensuring the safety of aircraft by providing precise control and monitoring of the aircraft's movements and systems. They also have built-in safety features, such as backup systems and warning alarms, to help pilots make informed decisions and respond to emergency situations effectively.