Can Passion Overcome Weak Math Skills in Learning Physics?

• Thread starter LugubriuousLamia
  • Start date
In summary, "Uncovering the Secrets of Physics: A Scientist's Journey" is a captivating tale of a scientist's quest to unravel the mysteries of the universe. The book takes readers on an enlightening journey through the history of physics, from the groundbreaking discoveries of Newton and Einstein to the cutting-edge research of today. Through personal anecdotes and engaging storytelling, the author offers a unique perspective on the complexities and beauty of the laws that govern our world. This book is a must-read for anyone interested in the fascinating world of physics.
LugubriuousLamia
Hey, My name is John. I created an account here because I want to learn more physics. This is prompted by the realization that physics is the "realest" thing there is. So I want to dedicate my life / free time to uncovering these secrets despite not being the most mathematically or logically inclined. I apologize in advance if my questions are exceptionally basic. Aside from that I hope to become good enough at physics so that I may help others understand physics. Thank you in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF John. That's a find ambition.

If I may offer a bit of advice; instead of seeking to learn without math, your time would be better spent learning the math at the same time.

A warm welcome to PF!
John Mantia said:
despite not being the most mathematically or logically inclined
Maths is the language of Physics. It is not a good idea to ignore maths and take up physics, because you will not be able to go into any depths without maths. I echo what @anorlunda has said above.

In order to help you start out here, the following are the three main sections in PF. You should explore them well:

1. The main forums, that you see in the first page.
2. Insights Blog, available at the top row (header section). It contains articles that help in learning topics to a great extent.
3. The Videos, also available in the header section. The media gallery now has some great videos in almost every aspect in science, and they provide an audio-visual learning experience.

Enjoy your time here.

With regards,
Wrichik

anorlunda said:
Welcome to PF John. That's a find ambition.

If I may offer a bit of advice; instead of seeking to learn without math, your time would be better spent learning the math at the same time.
That was a bit of a joke, I do plan on learning the math to accompany the physics. Because physics without math is simply speculation and the math brings the physics to life. It was more to describe that I am presently at a base of weak calculus and decent algebra skills. It was more of an admission that I have a lot to learn.

Likes berkeman, YoungPhysicist and Wrichik Basu