Transition Metals Lattice Constants - Reference Guide

In summary, there are various resources available for finding lattice constants of transition metals, including online databases and journals such as the American Mineralogist Crystal Structure Data Base and JCPDS. These resources provide experimental data and references for comparison with theoretical values.
Ave3
Hello every one,
Can some one tell me about a reference (paper or book) that possible to find lattice constants of the transition metals.

many thanks,
Ave

Physics news on Phys.org
A simple google search gave me this as the first result!

https://www.webelements.com/
http://www.mindat.org/

both of these give crystal structure and lattice parameter for the elements

What I need a book or a paper that I can find the experimental lattice constant of the transition metals that I will be able to compare the theoretical lattice constant that I found and will be possible to use it as the reference for my paper, I can't use an online site as the reference of the paper.

Related to Transition Metals Lattice Constants - Reference Guide

1. What are transition metals?

Transition metals are a group of elements located in the middle of the periodic table. They include elements such as iron, copper, and zinc, and are characterized by their ability to form multiple oxidation states and their unique electron configurations.

2. What is a lattice constant?

A lattice constant is the distance between the atoms in a crystal lattice. It is a fundamental property of a crystal structure and is typically measured in units of length, such as angstroms or nanometers.

3. Why is a reference guide for transition metals lattice constants important?

A reference guide for transition metals lattice constants is important because it provides a comprehensive list of the lattice constants for various transition metals. This information is essential for researchers and scientists studying the properties and behaviors of these elements in different materials and structures.

4. How are lattice constants determined for transition metals?

Lattice constants for transition metals are typically determined through X-ray diffraction techniques, which involve bombarding a sample with X-rays and measuring the resulting diffraction pattern. This pattern can be used to calculate the lattice constant of the crystal structure.

5. Can lattice constants for transition metals vary?

Yes, lattice constants for transition metals can vary depending on factors such as temperature, pressure, and the presence of impurities. Additionally, different crystal structures of the same transition metal can have different lattice constants.