Top Online Resources for Physics, Mathematics, Programming, and Engineering

• Thread starter petormojer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Resources
In summary, for online resources in physics, mathematics, programming, and engineering, websites like Wolfram Mathworld, Khan Academy, MIT OCW, Coursera, Mathispower4u, and Gerard T'Hooft's website can be helpful. However, for a more interactive learning experience, one can also explore Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) where academics offer free courses and optional paid exams for academic credit. One such impressive course is on programming in Python by a University of Michigan professor.
petormojer
Hello, I was wondering what websites you would suggest for resources?
Physics, mathematics, programming(any language), and engineering?

By online resources I was thinking resources like wolfram mathworld. Any online resource as extensive as wolfram mathworld would be great.

Physics news on Phys.org
Really depends on the level, but you might be interested in something like Khan Academy, MIT OCW and Coursera.

You might try browsing our Physics and Math Learning Materials forums:

https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160

https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=178

Last edited by a moderator:
Not khan academy. I mean sites like wikipedia and wolfram mathworld.

Search & dig for "MOOC" courses.

I stumbled upon this modern concept a few months ago. Massive Online O-something C-something ("Courses"?). Academics design a learning course & post it for free. If you want some sort of "academic credit" then you pay for the exam and final grade it seems. Interesting concept that shoots a hole in the entire "academia requires bricks & mortar" concept. The one that impressed me was a course by a University of Michigan Computer Science Guy who developed a "how to program" course using the open source Python language.

As an ol' skool graybeard, this concept kinda blew me away.

@tygerdawg Can you please give me the links?

Related to Top Online Resources for Physics, Mathematics, Programming, and Engineering

1. What are the top online resources for learning physics?

The top online resources for learning physics include websites such as Khan Academy, Physics Classroom, and HyperPhysics. These websites offer comprehensive lessons, interactive simulations, and practice problems to help students learn the fundamentals of physics.

2. Are there any online resources for learning advanced mathematics?

Yes, there are several online resources available for learning advanced mathematics. Some popular options include MIT OpenCourseWare, Coursera, and Brilliant. These websites offer courses and tutorials on topics ranging from calculus and linear algebra to differential equations and abstract algebra.

3. Can I improve my programming skills through online resources?

Absolutely! There are many online resources that can help you improve your programming skills. Some popular options include Codeacademy, Udemy, and FreeCodeCamp. These websites offer courses on various programming languages and concepts, as well as hands-on projects to practice and apply your skills.

4. What are the best online resources for engineering students?

There are several great online resources for engineering students, including websites like Engineering.com, MIT OpenCourseWare, and edX. These websites offer courses, lectures, and resources on various engineering disciplines, as well as hands-on projects and simulations to enhance learning.

5. Are there any free online resources for these subjects?

Yes, there are many free online resources available for physics, mathematics, programming, and engineering. Some popular options include Khan Academy, Coursera, and MIT OpenCourseWare. These websites offer a wide range of free courses and resources to help students learn and improve their skills in these subjects.