TMP master program at Ludwig Maximilians

In summary, Daniel is interested in studying abroad and is considering the elite master program of theoretical physics and mathematics at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich. He is seeking advice from forum members who have previously applied to this program. He is concerned about the academic profile needed for admission, as the program is known for being selective. The program also shares classes with other master programs in physics and mathematics, and students can apply to multiple programs without affecting their chances of being admitted to TMP. Applicants must have a Bachelor's degree, but students with a Vordiplom in physics or mathematics can enroll in the program and complete their Bachelor's degree within the first year. More information is available on the LMU website.
Daniel.Solis
Hi everybody,

My name is Daniel. I´m about to finish my bachelor degree in physics and, recently, I have being flirting with the idea of studying abroad. I got particularly interested in the elite master program of theoretical physics and mathematics at the Ludwig Maximilians university, in Munich. I was hoping that some forum member who has previously applied to this program could talk me a bit about her/his experience. In particular, I am concerned about the academic profile one should have before building any expectation (graduate programs from the Bavarian network are sometimes described as particularly selective) further inf. about the master course is available here: http://www.theorie.physik.uni-muenchen.de/TMP/about_us/index.html

Daniel.Solis said:
Hi everybody,

My name is Daniel. I´m about to finish my bachelor degree in physics and, recently, I have being flirting with the idea of studying abroad. I got particularly interested in the elite master program of theoretical physics and mathematics at the Ludwig Maximilians university, in Munich. I was hoping that some forum member who has previously applied to this program could talk me a bit about her/his experience. In particular, I am concerned about the academic profile one should have before building any expectation (graduate programs from the Bavarian network are sometimes described as particularly selective)further inf. about the master course is available here: http://www.theorie.physik.uni-muenchen.de/TMP/about_us/index.html

From the LMU website:
Promising applicants will be invited to an interview after which the final decision about admission will be made. This interview can be waved for applicants with exceptionally good grades.

Important note:

Please be aware that the TMP master program shares many of its classes with the MSc programs in http://www.en.physik.uni-muenchen.de/programs/degrees/msc_physics/index.html and mathematics. While applying to TMP you might also consider applying to the other programs (both at LMU and TUM) as well as those have different requirements for admission (in particular they do not require strong backgrounds in both physics and mathematics). Application to the other programs does not affect your chances to be admitted to TMP. If you are interested in those programs you have to send separate applications as descibed on the respective web pages.

The formal requirement to enrol in a graduate program leading to a master's degree is a bachelor's degree. We understand that students enrolled in a program leading to a Diplom do not have a bachelor's degree. Thus, for a transitional period, students with a Vordiplom in physics or mathematics (and preferably two more semesters of the Diplomstudiengang) can enrol in the graduate program "Theoretical and Mathematical Physics" under the condition that they complete their bachelor's degree within the first year. The detailed procedure for this is currently being worked out. Some information is availablehttp://www.theorie.physik.uni-muenchen.de/TMP/application/diplomwechsler/index.html

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
So there are alternatives.
http://www.theorie.physik.uni-muenchen.de/TMP/application/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to TMP master program at Ludwig Maximilians

1. What is the TMP master program at Ludwig Maximilians?

The TMP (Technology Management and Policy) master program at Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich, Germany is an interdisciplinary program that combines management, economics, and engineering to prepare students for leadership roles in technology-based industries.

2. What are the admission requirements for the TMP master program?

To be eligible for the TMP master program at Ludwig Maximilians, applicants must have a bachelor's degree in a related field, such as engineering, economics, or business. They must also submit a CV, academic transcripts, and letters of recommendation. English language proficiency is also required for non-native speakers.

3. What is the curriculum like for the TMP master program?

The curriculum for the TMP master program includes courses in technology management, economics, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in case studies, workshops, and internships to gain practical experience in the field.

4. Are there any scholarship opportunities for the TMP master program?

Yes, Ludwig Maximilians University offers various scholarship opportunities for international students, including the TMP master program. These scholarships are based on academic merit and financial need.

5. What career opportunities are available for graduates of the TMP master program?

Graduates of the TMP master program can pursue careers in a variety of industries, including technology, consulting, finance, and government. They may work in roles such as technology manager, innovation consultant, or policy analyst.