The Fast Food Appreciation Thread.

• Thread starter WatermelonPig
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Food Thread
In summary: I forget the name.In summary, Me had FOUR sandwhiches in one sitting from McDonalds. It was awesome. Funny you would ask. Every once in a while I treat myself to a Carl's Jr. Guacamole Bacon Six Dollar Burger - a truly incredible burger! The other night, out of curiosity, I googled for the "nutrition" facts. I found that calories (%DV based on daily intake of 2,000 kcal) 1,130 kcal 56.5%
WatermelonPig
Discuss your latest adventures in fast food. Me? Last night I had FOUR sandwhiches in one sitting from McDonalds. It was awesome.

Physics news on Phys.org
Funny you would ask. Every once in a while I treat myself to a Carl's Jr. Guacamole Bacon Six Dollar Burger - a truly incredible burger! The other night, out of curiosity, I googled for the "nutrition" facts.

Calories (%DV based on daily intake of 2,000 kcal) 1,130 kcal 56.5%
Calories from Fat 750 kcal 416.7%
Kilojoules 4,727.9 kj
Pts (by CL, not official Weight Watchers POINTS©; italics if no fiber) 29
Total Fat (DRI 65 g) 83 g 127.7%
Saturated Fat (DRI 20 g) 29 g 145%
Trans Fat NA
Cholesterol (DRI 300 mg) 159 mg 53%
Sodium (DRI 2,400 mg) 2,030 mg 84.6%
Total Carbohydrate (DRI 300 g) 54 g 18%
Dietary Fiber (DRI 25 g) 6 g 24%
Sugars (WHO recommended maximum daily intake 50 g) 11 g 22%
Net Carbs (italics if sugar alcohol content unknown) 48 g
Protein (DRI 50 g) 44 g
http://calorielab.com/restaurants/carls-jr/the-guacamole-bacon-six-dollar-burger/32/3436

No surprise; a heart attack on a plate. But jeez, 416% of your total caloric intake for fat?? THAT is nuts. They should charge an extra buck and include points towards a life insurance policy with each burger.

Last edited:
When you are young ...

We have a place called Flame Broiler that has amazing chicken and veggie bowls.

http://www.flamebroilerusa.com/menu.html

All the hot sauce you want, too. :!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Math Is Hard said:

That looks good and healthy!.

Here are two of my favorites.

Hardees Frisco burger and Jimmy Johns Italian Nightclub

Attachments

• Hardees Frisco burger.png
    Hardees Frisco burger.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 572
  • jimmy johns Italian nightclub.jpg
    jimmy johns Italian nightclub.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 564
I could eat burgers from Five Guys twice a day, seven days a week, and be happy.

Math Is Hard said:

You know what I reeeeeally miss about S. Cal - El Pollo Loco! They make the best flame-grilled chicken I've ever had.
http://www.elpolloloco.com/

I saw [actually, heard a radio ad] that one opened in Oregon recently. YAY!

Both Jimmy Johns and Sonic have opened near me, but I have not tried either. Does Einstein bagels count as fast food? A Asiago Cheese bagel with some salsa cream cheese = yummy!

I can cook a proper meal faster than I can go get something from a fast food joint. Still, there is a McDonald's within walking distance from me. I go once in a blue moon - sometimes you just really want grease and salt. My rule is no upsizing and no more than one dessert (those pies always come in pairs but I always ask just for one even though it's a waste of money). I find that the food from there always makes me crave more food, though (and this is supported by science!).

BonelessHands said:
I "think" old people are, infact, no longer enjoy hamburgers, you guys just joke for fun right ?

Define "old".

I like hamburgers. I don't like McDonald's hamburgers, though. They taste like cardboard. I need something like, say, a Whopper. It absolutely MUST have onions.

BonelessHands said:
I think over 60

Okay, I won't ban you. :biggrin:

But how about if we make it 70. I would feel much better if we did.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I'm still a sucker for Wendy's Spicy Chicken and a Frosty!

Question is, are you a dipper?

edit: by "dipper" I mean someone who dips the fries into the Frosty.

Last edited:
You know I realize the mistake I made Saturday; I had 2 McChickens, a McDouble and a Filet O'Fish. I should've substitued one of the McChickens for a McRib and then I would've eaten 4 types of meat in one meal.

So many fast food restaurants have changed their frying oil to that "non-trans-fat" oil, it literally makes me sick. Even the smell of it makes me sick. I really miss so many places I can no longer visit.
I like Taco Cabana for my fast food fix now.

I'm stuck on Arby's chicken tenders. That's the only chicken I can find that isn't 90% gristle.

Arby's roast beef with their "Arby's" sauce. A big one.

Wow, now you have me thinking on some Arby's, but I'm more of a horsey sauce kind of gal.

The only fast food I appreciate is the kind that moves through my body fast.

I usually go to Del Taco. It always strikes me as odd that there are people who actually prefer Taco Bell. I also sometimes go to Chipotle. Unfortunately the taqueria I used to go to moved and I have not found a new one to go to.

Then there is the Philly Grill which is pretty good. And the fast food Thai place near by. I some times do chinese fast food but it isn't really very good, just something different. Oh and http://hawaiianbarbecue.com/live/menu/the-ll-menu/! I love Kalua pork and spam musubi.

shelovesmath said:
The only fast food I appreciate is the kind that moves through my body fast.

That's pretty much every kind .

The history of fast food is as follows. Primitive humans were hunters. He or she would spend long hours in the field searching for animals to catch, kill, and bring home to be cooked by his or her wife. It was difficult and exhausting work. Once in a while though, there would be an easy catch. A rabbit that wasn't as as swift of foot as they usually are. An elephant that was slow and lumbering. These animals might be easy to catch, but their flesh was suspect. You had to ask yourself, why was it so easy to catch, was it lame, was it sick? Thus the taste for fast food developed. Today, we go hunting for prey in the supermarket and the plastic wrap holds it steady so we can aim for it with ease. But old habits never die and once in a while, in the throws of recidivism, the blood thirsty primitive man or woman within you rises up and demands a taco, southern fried chicken, or quarter pounder with cheese hold the onions, fries and a shake.

Taco Bell's 32% real meat crunch taco aint too shabby!

Jimmy Snyder said:
The history of fast food is as follows. Primitive humans were hunters. He or she would spend long hours in the field searching for animals to catch, kill, and bring home to be cooked by his or her wife. It was difficult and exhausting work. Once in a while though, there would be an easy catch. A rabbit that wasn't as as swift of foot as they usually are. An elephant that was slow and lumbering. These animals might be easy to catch, but their flesh was suspect. You had to ask yourself, why was it so easy to catch, was it lame, was it sick? Thus the taste for fast food developed. Today, we go hunting for prey in the supermarket and the plastic wrap holds it steady so we can aim for it with ease. But old habits never die and once in a while, in the throws of recidivism, the blood thirsty primitive man or woman within you rises up and demands a taco, southern fried chicken, or quarter pounder with cheese hold the onions, fries and a shake.
:-p

dlgoff said:
Arby's roast beef with their "Arby's" sauce. A big one.

Lots of sauce. Enough so that it runs down your chin; 3 or 4 napkins worth.

hypatia said:
Wow, now you have me thinking on some Arby's, but I'm more of a horsey sauce kind of gal.

I like spicy women. :!)

My wife and I don't do "chain" food. Our occasional fast food is one of Tracey's vegetable subs. I usually have some left over for lunch the next day because my wife and I can't eat it all between us.

vegetableItalian.jpg

turbo-1 said:
My wife and I don't do "chain" food. Our occasional fast food is one of Tracey's vegetable subs. I usually have some left over for lunch the next day because my wife and I can't eat it all between us.

vegetableItalian.jpg

Nice tasty photo. Maybe a good topic for a photo contest; "Food Appreciation".

dlgoff said:
Nice tasty photo. Maybe a good topic for a photo contest; "Food Appreciation".
Three meals for $6 is a pretty good deal. The image is a bit deceptive, shot from above. Under that top deck of lettuce and jumbo tomato slices are onion, pickles, marinaded mushrooms, ripe olives, crispy jalapeno rings, dill pickle slices, Cooper Sharp cheese, etc. Olive oil and coarse-ground black pepper top it off.

One time, my wife ordered one with deli-sliced roast beef added. Mmmm. I don't know what extra price she had to pay for that, because she traded my home-grown garlic for all her purchases at the shop and got money to boot. Great sandwich, though.

OMG, I just had a fried seafood dinner from Long John Silver's and I think I'm going to die. It was SO GOOD! I couldn't finish it. Only complaint, a bit too salty.

Evo said:
That looks good and healthy!.

Here are two of my favorites.

Hardees Frisco burger and Jimmy Johns Italian Nightclub
I'll have to try the Frisco burger, but it'll have to be at a Carl's Junior. The closest Jimmy John's is about 200 miles away.

Astronuc said:
I'll have to try the Frisco burger, but it'll have to be at a Carl's Junior. The closest Jimmy John's is about 200 miles away.
You'll love it, actually any of their burgers are awesome, if you like traditional burgers, I recommend the $6 burger.

Evo said:
You'll love it, actually any of their burgers are awesome, if you like traditional burgers, I recommend the $6 burger.
I usually get a $6 burger when I'm in SD - either the guacamole burger or the jalapeño burger. Carl's Jr and Hardees are the same company.

Astronuc said:
I usually get a $6 burger when I'm in SD - either the guacamole burger or the jalapeño burger. Carl's Jr and Hardees are the same company.
Yes, they are. We don't get the guacamole burger here. :cry:

My "traditional" fast food fixes:

Arby's Beef 'n' Cheddar with curly fries.

Captain D's Fish & Fries combo.

And occasionally at a local institution in a nearby town, the http://www.beacondrivein.com/" , a double cheeseburger with bacon, and iced tea (the only place I ever get iced tea; I'm not an iced tea guy in general, but there it "feels right."). I never get fries or onion rings with it, because the burger itself is so big it serves for both lunch and supper.